29

I found myself standing on top of an abandoned motel downtown. I knew my brothers were following me so I had very little time; I had to jump soon.

I neared the edge and looked down, seeing the cement below me that I would soon be lying upon.

I took a deep breath and was about to step off when I heard footsteps behind me.

"Katie, don't." I heard. It was Soda, and I knew Darry and Pony were with him.

"You can't drag me off this ledge so just turn around, you guys don't need to watch." I said without facing them.

"Okay, so we can't drag you away. But, will you just stop and listen for a minute before you...go?" He asked, his voice strained.

I hesitated before shrugging.

"North Carolina. Golden retrievers. The Sound of Music. A Texas Rangers game." Soda started.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned, my voice cracking.

"Skiing. Roller coasters. DisneyLand. The ocean. Hot chocolate. Snowball fights. Elvis songs. Chocolate cake. Niagra Falls. Getting married. Tire swings. Jumping off a rope into a river. Baking cake with me. Watching football with Darry. Going to the movies with Dally and Johnny. Playing cards with Steve. Drinking beer with Two-Bit even though Darry and me tell you not to. Smoking a cigarette after dinner with Pony while you're both watching the sunset. Having kids one day. Peanut M&M's. Vanilla scented candles. Looking at old family pictures and making fun of Pony." He continued.

I was crying harder now, the cement below me looked blurry. "What's your point?" I sniffed.

"All those things you love doing or you want to do one day, you'll never do them if you're dead. You didn't even know I knew most of those but I do. I'm your brother and I know you better than I know myself. I know what you love, what your dreams are. I know you won't eat fries without lots of salt. I know you hate having your nails painted. I know you like history and you hate math. And I also know you're stronger than this. You can turn around and walk away from that ledge and we can go home and eat junk and watch movies all night. But if you don't walk away from this ledge, you won't do anything, ever again. You'll be dead. Instead of watching movies tonight, me and Pony and Darry will be planning a funeral and you'll be in the morgue. You don't deserve this ending. You don't have to die young. You can walk away and turn the page! You have so much life left in front of you, why should you throw it off a building? What did you do that you deserve to kill yourself?"

I couldn't answer, I was sobbing. He continued.

"Nothing. You haven't done a damn thing to deserve this. Don't do this to yourself, to the gang, to me. Just take a step backwards and get away from the edge. Don't kill yourself. I need you, Katie. I love you."

I was crying inconsolably now and I turned around and took a step away from the edge. The second I took that step I was pulled into Darry, Soda, and Pony's arms.

Okay, hey everyone! So just a couple of things I feel like sharing with you all, although I'm not sure anybody will even read this, lol.

1.) All of the comments on the previous chapter, and really all of the chapters, have made me so happy. Like, seeing your guys' feedback makes my day and thank you all!!

2.) Okay, I cried writing this chapter and I honestly am happy with how it turned out. I feel connected to it, and everything else in this book really because...

3.) I based all of Katie's struggles off of my own! And the method Soda used in this chapter to talk her off the edge is pretty much how I talked myself out of a similar situation. I thought of what I'd miss or never get to do and about the people I'd leave behind. And really, if any of you are struggling with suicidal thoughts, please think of all those things and don't do it. Suicide leaves such an impact on everyone and it hurts, bad. If you're struggling, please get the proper help because I swear, life gets better, even if it seems like it won't.

4.) And finally, the next chapter will be the last. I'd like to thank all of you for your support throughout the continuation of this story!

That's all! Have a great night/day and thanks for reading this, if anyone did 😂❤️