9

Maybe ten minutes later, I heard a knock on my door.

"It's open." I called, wondering which of my brothers it was.

The door opened and in walked Soda. He didn't say anything, he just sat beside me and wrapped me in the tightest hug ever. It felt like he was trying to squeeze all my broken pieces back in place.

"The guys told us everything. I should've known this was happening, all the times you've been jumped and haven't fought back, all them times you were overly moody and emotional, I should've seen this. Just please stop hurtin' yourself, baby. When you want to, just come talk to me instead. I always have time to talk to you. I love you, honey." He told me, sniffing occasionally.

"I love you too, Soda." I told him, beginning to sob uncontrollably into his shoulder.

"I always promised myself I'd never let you get hurt, and here I was letting you hurt yourself for months!" He cried.

"Stop that, Soda, this ain't your fault! It's my fault! I'm broken!" I bawled, crying harder than I ever had.

"Well, if you're broken, then I'm gonna fix ya." He promised, continuing to hold me as we both cried.

After awhile, we both calmed down and pulled apart. "You hungry? Steve and Two-Bit were cooking up a chocolate cake."

I sniffed and shook my head. "No, I'm not hungry. I just wanna sit in here and be alone for awhile."

Soda gave me a smile. "Alright, baby girl."

After he left, I got about two minutes alone before Pony stuck his head in. "You mind if I join ya?" He asked, walking in after I nodded.

"I just wanna tell ya I'm here if you wanna talk and I'm pretty good at listening and understanding, if I do say so myself. I may not understand what you're going through right now, but maybe you can try to make me understand. I would love to know what exactly you're going through and feeling so I can try to help you." He said, giving me a sad smile.

I couldn't help but hug him; my baby brother was so grown up and mature. "Thanks Pony."

"I'll leave you alone now, but remember what I said. I'm always here for ya."

After he left, it wasn't even a minute until Darry walked in, shutting the door behind him.

He sat in my desk chair across from me and looked at me. I could see the tear stains on his face and his eyes were softer than usual.

"You could've gotten hurt so bad. You could've cut too deep without even trying! And none of us would've known until it was too late! You could've died, Katie! And I can't lose you, too!" He yelled before pausing and checking himself, quieting down before continuing. "When they told us, I just, I don't know, my heart dropped. How could my beautiful baby sister hate herself so much that she'd hurt herself? I don't understand, honey. Why?"

"Darry, it's a little hard to make you understand if you haven't been where I am." I told him, trying not to cry again.

He nodded silently, understanding that he just wasn't going to understand. "Well, I want you to know, I love you a lot and it's because I love you that I'm taking your blade away. And I'm checking your arms everyday. There's going to be more changes, but we can start tomorrow because you've been through enough today."

I took a deep breath and nodded.

"I'll leave you alone now." He said, grabbing my switchblade off my dresser. "You have anymore of these?"

I shook my head no, completely lying to his face.

"Alright. Hey, I love you, kiddo."

"Love you too. But Darry?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you tell Two-Bit to come here?"

"Yeah, I'll send him right in."