❖Part 1❖

Lola's P.O.V

I lay in bed contemplating my life. What has become of it? I was regular a few months ago. Now I almost don't recognize myself. ALMOST. Nothing could ever change my awesome personality. Ok, I'm joking, but like I feel like I am the same and different all at the same time. It's making me confused, which granted isn't very hard to do but still. Most situations I have a hold on and can understand, but this I don't even know where to start. I guess I could just see where it goes.

"Hey, what are you thinking about," Dawson says, successfully pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing important," I say even though I should probably bring it up soon. I don't want to get in the way of things.

"Ok well if you're ok with it I could sure go for another round," he says giving me his million dollar smile. I chuckle at how insatiable he is. It is currently 11:30 on a Thursday night. I know we have school tomorrow and shouldn't be sleeping over with each other, but it's like our tradition. Both of our parents don't have time or even try to make time for us so it's not a problem.

It has been like that since we first started. I can still remember that day like it was yesterday.

3 Months Ago 

I always feel super gross after soccer practice so I was trying to make it home as quickly as possible to avoid everyone that is leaving at this time. I was speedily packing my things when Rebecca comes up to me, probably to talk about something I will have no interest or involvement in. 

"Hi Lola, I noticed your footwork slacking a little during practice. Maybe you should work on it at home. You sure could use the practice and exercise" she says, giving me the fakest smile and acting like she didn't just insult me. It doesn't affect me because I know I'm not fat and my footwork is perfectly fine. The coach had said so, so I know that she is just trying to get under my skin. I'm not sure why she does this, but I guess some people need that extra ego boost and will do anything to get it. 

Putting on my best smile, I say, "Oh I'm sure you're right I mean it's not like coach told me otherwise, but maybe next time instead of watching me you should focus on your own skills. You sure could use the practice and exercise". I throw her words right back at her. With that, I get up and jog out of there. 

As I'm exiting, I run straight into something or someone. I look up from my oh so comfy spot on the ground and say, "Gee thanks this is just the cherry on top of my oh so perfect day". I am met with the face of the school's golden boy. Oh just great. 

Dawson White is the perfect guy. He's the one you could bring home to your parents. School quarterback, decent grades, rich family and ridiculously good looks. Every girl in this school falls at his feet and I guess the universe wanted to prove that I am no exception. But haha, in your face universe I don't want someone like him. Cocky, annoying, presumptuous just to name a few are qualities I would like to steer clear of and guess what he has all of them and more.

"Hey I'm sorry, are you ok," he says trying to act concerned, but it's pretty obvious he is trying to hold back a laugh. Well, I really couldn't care less if he laughs. I mean I'm sitting here like a toddler, pouting because my butt will probably get a bruise. He reaches out his hand to help me up, but me being the petty person I am. I get up on my own and start to walk past him. He, however, has other plans because he starts walking in stride with me.

"I'm Dawson, by the way. Your name is Lola, right" he says after a moment. I pause to look at him and then keep walking because whatever he is trying to do, I would like to avoid it. "Well anyways, I've seen you around school and you're really smart right," he says. I again look at him, confused at why he is talking to me and why he knows about me. 

"Well in the interest of keeping my ego a normal size, if you consider straight A's and never failing a test really smart then yes I am smart, but I don't know why that concerns you" I reply and continue walking as he laughs next to me.

"Well I may be failing a class and need help with it, but I want to keep it lowkey, you know and considering your attitude towards me this entire conversation has been distasteful. I know you won't go telling anyone" he says. I look up at him. Did he really need my help? I mean I guess since he is only friends with bimbos he needed to explore his options.

"What subject are you failing," I say, actually considering this. I mean no one would know and why not be a good Samaritan. "Math" he replies while looking at me hopefully.

"Ok I'll help you, just as long as no one finds out and you don't start talking to me in school," I say. I mean what's the harm. I'm obviously doing a good thing and math is one of my best subjects. At first, he looks a little shocked that I would be so straightforward especially about not wanting to be his friend, but recovers after a few seconds. "Great we can meet on Thursdays if that's ok with you," he says with a big smile on his face. I give a small smile back and continue the walk to my car.

As I get into my car, I see him walking to his and start to think about this a little more. Did he ask me because I am a loner and keep to myself? It's really surprising that he would need my help at all. I thought he did really good in school. I guess you never really know until you talk to a person. I guess I'll have to prepare a little for Thursday. It's only Tuesday so I have two days, but he'll probably just come with questions and we'll go over them. Nothing too difficult. 

--------------------------------

Hi, this is my first story ever. I hope you like it. I will try my best to keep up with it and we'll see where it goes. Also sorry for the short chapter I just needed to get things rolling and set up. Hopefully, it will get better. Anyways I'll see you next chapter. 💜