04

The castle is more worn down than the last time he visited, the effects of the many storms that hit the island.

War is also a factor, given Stannis's previous obsession for the Iron Throne. His less pleasant uncle most likely didn't care for much other than winning, the most obvious sign being his desperate act of burning his daughter at the stake.

Percy didn't remember much of his cousin other than the fact she was born with the disease called Grey Scale. Miraculously though, her father had found a way to cure it, the only damage being the imprint on her face. It baffles him to think that the man fought so hard to cure his daughter, only to murder her a few years later.

The things people do for war.

Percy tunes into Tyrions conversation with Jon as the two walk a few feet behind him. His curiosity is peaked when the king of the North mentions Daenerys. "I want to know how a Lannister became hand to Daenerys Targaryen."

"It's a long and bloody one." Percy looks at his uncle, remembering the morning of his disappearance, and the bells that announced the death of his grandfather, Tywin Lannister. It had been one of the nights that Margaery had slept in his bed.

The two often found themselves having late night discussions, among other things. It got to the point that they were so comfortable, he would tell her of the deep loathing he has for his house, and certain members of his family.

He would tell her of his experiences with being bred to be king, and the reason he had refused the Iron Throne when Joeffry died. In return, she would tell him of her life at Highgarden, and her love for her family and house, even going as far as to let him in on her family's plans for the Tyrells rise to power. She trusted him, as he trusted her.

They were polar opposites really. Where Margaery Tyrell loved her life and everything that came with it, Percival Lannister hated his own and never really loved anything that wasn't his siblings and uncles. She was the first person he loved that wasn't a Lannister.

And that night, when the bells rang for Tywin Lannister's death, when the guards came knocking at his door in order to ensure his safety, when he held Margaery as she shook with the fear of being caught, Percy realised that without her, he might have ended up like the rest of his family. And he thanks her every day for it.

He remembers the weeks after. The constant fear for his uncles safety, as well as Margaery's. He thought the dwarf was dead before the first letter came to him. His mother was ruthless after Twins death, and he doesn't doubt that Cersei Lannister lost a bit of her mind that night.

Her hate for house Tyrell was only heightened when Margaery married Tommen. Admittedly, Percy was also slightly jealous of the couple. But he knew that Margaery would always come back to him, because although she never admitted it, Margaery Tyrell loved him. Or at least he likes to think so.

His memories of the past are interrupted as the wind picks up slightly, pushing into his back unusually hard. Eyebrows furrowed, he turns around just in time to see the large, scaly dragon flying right at him.

His eyes widen as it glares at him with fire in its eyes, and he quickly throws himself to the ground, stone steps digging painfully into his body. He can feel it pass over him, it's large claw grazing his shoulderblade before ascending higher into the sky. Two more follow after it, one larger and one smaller, and he gazes at them in astonishment, mouth open and eyes filled with amazement.

Percy always pictured dragons as these large, demonic looking creature that would burn people and cities until they were nothing but ash. His grandfather would tell him stories that his father told him about the fire breathing, merciless beasts that once flew the skies and rained hell on Targaryen enemies.

But they were nothing of the sort.

While his back aches from the claw that grazed it previously, he couldn't find the resemblance between the horrific creatures that he was taught to fear and the majestic ones that fly over Dragonstone.

One in particular catches his eye. It wasn't the largest in size, but it wasn't the smallest either. It's scales were a rough cream color, though gold reflected off of it in the sunlight. It's wings however, were a reddish-gold that seemed to shine proudly, almost an indication of its ability to breathe fire. It seemed royal to him.

A hand is placed on his shoulder, intensifying the already prominent pain. He seethes, looking over as Tyrion quickly removes his hand. His uncle's eyes shine in concern as he helps him stand, looking baffled that one of the dragons actually touched him.

"Are you okay?" Tyrion questions him as he gains balance, gripping the area around his wound. "I've never seen one of them act like that, not without Daenerys's command."

"I'm fine." Percy answers, ignoring the concerned looks he receives from the people around him.

His sight returns to the sky, following the golden dragon as it glares between it's siblings. He points a shaking finger at it, turning to Tyrion briefly.

"The golden one in the middle, the one that scratched me, what's it's name?"

Tyrion furrows his eyebrows, looking confused at the question. Though he answers nonetheless. "Viserion. He's what Daenerys likes to call the 'middle child' given his height. He's usually the least aggressive, but he must be-"

"Viserion." Percy cuts his uncle off in a whisper, a chill running down his spine as it rolls off his tongue.

The others look at him weirdly, and Tyrion attempts to ask him if he's okay before a loud screech fills the air. Their heads snap to the sky, and watch as Drogon and Rhaegal look at their brother, who continues to screech as he circles their heads.

They all switch their gazes to Percy, who snaps out of his trance and clears his throat. He motions for Missandei to move ahead of him, which she does hesitantly. "Let's keep going. I want to meet your queen."

¤¤¤

The corridors of Dragonstone are long and dark as Percy, Jon, and Ser Davos follow Missandei and Tyrion to the throne room.

Every turn has Percy temporarily blinded, darkness consuming every inch of stone hall that lays untouched by the sun's rays. It seems that his travel companion feels the same, if Jon's tight hold on his sword is any indication.

Ser Davos seems unbothered by the lack of light, and Percy's reminded that the pirate has walked the halls many times before during his time as the most trusted councillor to Stannis Baratheon and his wife and daughter.

There are many turns on the way to the throne room, and by the time they reach the large, stone doors, Percy's huffing with annoyance. Tyrion throws him a brief glance, rolling his eyes but saying nothing as Missandei pushes open the doors and hurriedly makes her way inside.

¤¤¤

NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!

Also, this chapter was really short (filler) so the next one is going to be around 2500 words!

Please, please, please hit that star and comment your thoughts!!

xxxx