13

This has been the hardest week of my life. It really hit me at the funeral that I would never see Ethan again. I completely broke down when they lowered his body down into the grave. Luckily I have a great support system to help me get through this hard time. Noah,  Brent, Asher, and tommy have all been staying at my house since we left the hospital. We spent everyday talking about Ethan and reliving some of our favorite moments with him. It has really made the whole grieving process easier.

"Guys I'm going to go to bed, I'm not used to waking up early for school." I say while standing up from the couch and saying goodnight to everyone and kissing Asher. I make my way up to my bedroom and lay in bed on my phone before I hear a knock at the door. I shout a come in and in walks Tommy.

"What's up?" I ask as he walks over to my bed and sits down in front of me.

"I just wanted to say that" he takes a deep breathe, "that I'm going to move back down the street with my parents. I don't think I can go back to school without Ethan. I also want you to know that I'm sorry again that you have to go through all this and that I'm always here if you need me."

"thank you Tommy. I'm gonna miss you." I say while giving him a tight hug. He stands up and walks over to my door.

"I'll see you later Cass." He pauses. "And also be careful around that Asher kid. Remember everyone has a dark side." I nod as he walks out of my room and closes the door. What the hell does he mean by that?

***
The next day at lunch

"Ugh, this day has felt so long." Brent groans.

"I know right, I just want to go home and plan Cassidy's party." Noah says causing me to look up at him.

"No no no. I don't want a party, you know I don't celebrate my birthday N." I say quickly.

"Why didn't you tell me your birthday is coming up?" Asher asks me while placing his hand on mine. I shrug.

"I don't really like celebrating it. I don't have enough friends for a party and now I don't have any family to celebrate with. I rather just go to the diner and celebrate with you guys." I say truthfully.

"Okay then that's what we will do." Noah concludes with a smile on his face. The rest of the day went by super slow until finally the last period bell rang and before I know it I'm at home and in my bed.

***
One week later

I sigh as I walk through the front doors of the school building. It never gets easier. I walk over to my locker where the boys are already waiting for me. I notice that Asher looks pissed at something and the other two look pissed at Asher. They all look up and smile as I approach them.

"Hey guys."

"Hey C."

"Hey pumpkin."

"Hola Cassidy."  I laugh at Brent because he actually pronounced the "H" in hola.

"Brent we take Spanish. Even I know how to say hola." Asher says trying hard to look serious. Brent shrugs and we all walk to home ec. We were all talking when ms. Rafters walks in and asks for our attention. Asher rolls his eyes and I hit him on the arm for being rude.

"Okay class, the next month will be free time to practice whatever skills you need for our end of semester exam next month. You guys CAN talk amongst yourselves as long as you are all practicing. I expect each and everyone of you guys to get A's on the exam." She says causing the class to cheer. I'm so freaking happy because I already got A's so I don't really need to do anything just make it look like I'm studying.

I look up and see Brent and Noah moving chairs in front of our table and sitting down.

"So guys, what shall we do for the next month?" Noah asks. We all shrug.
The rest of the class was spent with us talking before the bell rang and we walked out of the class. I said goodbye to Noah and Asher before walking with Brent to my next class. Luckily his is right next door to mine.

"So I noticed that you and Noah looked mad at Asher this morning. What happened?" I asked warily, afraid for the answer. Brent looked at me and sighed.

"Its really nothing. Asher was just worked up this morning but he's okay now." I nod dropping the subject. We say our goodbyes and walk into our separate classes. I have Geometry sadly. I hate math. But thank god there is only this class and one more class before lunch time. I sit at my seat and listen to the teacher talk. I zone out of the lesson before the teacher stops talking. I look over to see a tall boy standing with blonde swoop hair standing the doorway. He walks over to the teacher and the teacher speaks.

"Okay class we have a new student please be respectful while we catch him up on the lesson." Everyone nods and I go back to looking at my notes.

"Miss Rivers?" The teacher speaks causing me to lookup. "Can you please fill the new boy in on what we are doing?" He asks kindly. I nod before the new guy walks over and sits at the empty desk next to me.

"Hey. I'm Tony and you are?" He asks reaching his hand out for me to shake.

"Cassidy." I say and shake his hand.

"So Cassidy, what exactly are we learning Today?"

"Well we just finished the Pythagorean theorem and we are about to start finding volume of three dimensional figures. Pretty easy it's just a recap on what you learned two years ago."I explain receiving a nod from Tony. The bell rang and we both stood up.

"Thank you for filling me in Cassidy. It was really helpful. I'll see you around." Tony says before walking out of the classroom. I walk out a few feet behind him and quickly walk to my next class. Yay! Lunch is next!

*

"Guuuuuuuuys! I really want to go home and never come back." Brent whines.

"Me too B. Me too." I say laughing at his childishness. We decided to go to the mall after school and see a movie. I can't wait!