Chapter 8 | Kiss me! ✅

Word count: 1099

《《《《《

ETHAN WALKER

"Are you sure you're feeling fine, babe?" I asked my girlfriend, touching her forehead to see if she has a temperature.

She's been having these worst morning sicknesses recently, that I worry she'll end up on the bed very soon, not in a good way.

She throws up whatever she eats. All her eating habits have changed too. But before I can take care of her properly, I need to get her and our baby into a safer place, away from our families.

I know what I've done is unforgivable, and it was unfair for Nathan. But I had no other way.

Convincing Nathan is easier, he'll understand.

Mom knew I had a girlfriend and I loved her but she didn't consider my wishes. Of course, she doesn't know that Venesa is pregnant. But I'll think about it later.

"Yeah, I am. How many times are you gonna ask me the same question?"

"Hey! I just worry for you and our baby."

"You worry too much. You should worry about yourself."

Uh, yeah right.

We're here on the airplane right now, almost hiding. I thought of taking some other transport, but it's not safe for the baby. So, I had to arrange an airplane ride, so it'd be comfortable for Venesa.

One of my best friend's uncles owns a villa in the residential areas of Tokyo. So, that's where we're gonna stay for now.

I had to move out of the US, cause I know, somehow our families will track us down. I don't want any of that happening. I want our baby to grow in a safer and peaceful environment, far from my family.

Hopefully, everything will get better once the baby is born.

■□■□■□■□■□■

NATHAN WALKER

"Let's start with our celebrity for tonight, shall we? Nate and Samantha." Yeah, way to go Dad.

I stood behind the crowd and almost contemplate running away when someone pulled me,

"Dude, where are you going? Your wife is waiting for you." It was Jasper holding my arm and whispering to me to go to the front.

Come on. Be a man and go dance!

I slowly stepped forward, having a mini battle within myself. Side effects of being an introvert. Sigh.

I'm the man, I have to make the move.

So, I pulled her in my arms and moved her along with me, carefully flowing with the melody, in such a way that we won't end up under the mistletoe.

I'm not here to entertain people.

Her gaze was everywhere except me and her face was bright red.

I'm not the only one embarrassed.

Never in my life did I expect to spend my life with her, let alone dance. Married life is not so bad, I guess.

And it was hard to keep my eyes away from her lips, they were bright red. Sigh. She wore a blue dress. How did she know blue is my favorite color? Is that why she keeps wearing blue? And the soft curves of her cleavage peeked through her clothes.