18

Lucas' POV

I stared down at her sleeping face as I caressed her. She looks troubled even when she's asleep. It hurts me so bad.

I lifted my finger and reached it towards her forehead. I pulled her brows up, to ease the frown she's having. Then I kissed it.

Sighing, I pulled her closer to my chest and rubbed her arm soothingly with my hand. She began to stir which made me alerted. But after assuring myself that she's still in her sleep, my body relaxed.

I slowly got out of the bed when I realized that she will be needing her breakfast once she wakes up. I took a pillow and wrapped it around her arms.

I went to her bathroom first to freshen myself up before I made myself downstairs. I went to the kitchen and started to think of what to cook for her. I decided with chocolate chip pancakes.

I gathered the ingredients and started to make them.

"I thought you went home." Her angelic voice got me out of my trance. I turned around and saw her with messy hair and some dro- well, messy face.

I gave her a warm smile, "Go wash yourself so you can eat my titled pancakes which I'm very proud of."

She giggled and that instantly warmed my chest. "Okay." Then she jogged back upstairs.

I love it when I can make her happy. It makes me feel like I'm the best person in the whole wide world.

She came back downstairs, now with a tied up hair. She took a sit on the side of the counter while watching me put the plate of pancakes down on it. I gave her a plate and the cutleries and she immediately started to gobble the pancakes up.

All of a sudden she squealed in delight, "It has chocolate chips in it!"

I chuckled at her cuteness, "I knew you would like that."

Victoria's POV

"I knew you would like that." He said with a knowing smile which made me flush.

I just continued to eat my pancakes as I tried my very best to ignore the speedy heartbeat I'm currently having.

But then I realized something which made me looked up at him. "Aren't you going to eat?"

Lucas shook his head, "I'm already full just by watching you."

"Eat." I insisted. He laughed and took a piece of pancake and put it on a plate. After I saw him eating, I could finally rest assured.

I got a text from Cara and she told me that we are going to the beach. It's been a long time since I went to one so I'm quite excited about it. I told Lucas that I'm going to the beach and he said he wants to go with us.

"Don't you have a meeting or something?" I asked him.

"I can easily change it to some other day. I'm the soon to be boss, anyway."

I scoffed, "Yeah, good to be you."

Lucas decided to go back to his home so he could change to a more appropriate clothing. He told me that he would come back to pick me up at 11.

"Uh, we are going with Cara and her boyfriend, remember?" I reminded him.

"So?"

"I'm going there with them."

"Tell them that you are going to meet them there. Let me take you."

I knew this argument would bring nothing to me so I simply told him fine. I watched as he walked into his car and drove off to his penthouse. Then I went upstairs to pick up my swimming suit.

I chose my blue with white polkadots bathing suit and wore it. Then I wore a sweatshirt and short shorts underneath it. I tied my hair up to twin tails and simply braided it. I applied some sunscreen so I won't get any sunburn as I have a very sensitive skin.

I scrolled down on my phone while sitting on the couch as I waited for Lucas to come back.

At last I heard a car's engine roaring and I immediately assumed that it was him. I grabbed my house keys which were on the coffee table and went out of the house just to see a black audi parked in front of it.

He rolled down the car's window and smiled at me. He got out of the car and jogged towards me with dimples on each side of his face which made him look adorable.

"You're ready?"

I crossed my arms, "I'm always ready when it comes to beachballing."

He chuckled and guided me towards the passenger seat. He opened the door for me and I stepped inside. Soon he went back to the driver seat and pulled off from the neighbourhood.

We arrived at the beach and I instantly saw Brian buying juices for his girlfriend. I called out to him and he turned around from the stall. He waved his hands which are filled with drinks at me.

I went up to him, "You didn't buy mine?" I asked faking hurt.

"I'm pretty sure you have your own man to do it for you." He nodded at Lucas whom nodded back at him. My face turned red at his statement.

"How's life, cuz?"

"Never been better." Lucas smirked. I rolled my eyes. I nearly forgot that they are cousins.

I looked around in search for Cara but didn't see her anywhere. I frowned, "Where's bestie?"

Brian chuckled a little before pointed his fore finger to a certain place. I followed his eyes and there is Cara, laying down on the sand with some kids trying to bury her whole body except for her face.

I giggled as I looked how relax she is. I ran towards her and called her out.

She looked at me and her face immediately brightened up, "Vicky! Come and join us."

I joined them and threw some sand on Cara's face without warning her. She was so surprised and started to spit out the sand which accidentally got into her mouth. I laughed so hard and soon the men joined us.