Ch.29 Home

******
I can't fall asleep. I knew I wouldn't be able to. Sage is asleep and I don't know what to do. I don't want to wake him up but I'm sweating. I shouldn't have put on my sweatshirt before I fell asleep. But I also couldn't let Sage see the cuts on my arm so I had no choice but to put it on.

I shift in his arms and he grumbles. Luckily I didn't wake him up and I moved enough to be able to reach my phone. I throw my hand onto the side table and feel around for my phone. I find it and look at my phone. It's 2:00 a.m. What the hell. I try to lift up my upper body so I can take off my sweatshirt but Sage's big ass arm is too heavy for me to lift.

I try and lift it up but I just end up plopping my head back onto the pillow. I grunt and try again. He's so much bigger than I am. I'm in a bad mood today. I try to move his arm again and he just tightens his hold on me and pulls me into his chest while sighing contently.

Omg.

I'm going to scream.

"Sage!" I yell while kicking his leg. His head bolts up and he looks at me.

"What? What's wrong? Are you okay?" He asks looking around sleepily. I jump out of his arms with sweat dripping down my back.

"I'm sweating!" I say. Fanning myself off. I take off my sweatshirt and I'm now in my usual pajamas of shorts and a tank top. "Oh thank god." I say as the cool air surrounds my body. Sage lets out a little chuckle before laying his head back down on the pillow.

I walk over to the bed and lay down next to him. He pulls me closer to him and I look into his eyes in the dark. I tuck my hand under my cheek. He glances down at my wrist and I immediately hide it.

"Eden," He says calmly, "When?" He asks simply looking deeply into my eyes. I avert my gaze suddenly very interested in the comforter.

"Eden." He says slowly and quietly again. He sits up in bed and pulls me up with him. He sits me in his lap and my legs wrap around his waist. His one hand is on the small of my back while his other is cupping my cheek. I play with my fingers in my lap.

"E, please." He says. I continue to play with my fingers and look down. I hate that I did it. I hate that I hurt myself. He kisses my forehead. "E, all I want to do is help. You don't have to tell me, but did you do it tonight?" He asks. I still don't look up at him and I nod.

"Please look at me." He says pleadingly. I look up into his eyes. It's dark though so I can't really see. He brings his lips to mine. His one hand is still cupping my cheek and the other slowly moves from my lower back to my butt. I feel myself blush. I pull away running out of air and he trails kisses from my jaw to my collarbone.

He starts sucking on one spot on my neck. He makes his way back up to my lips. I pull away.

"Sage," I say. He hums in response. "We should stop." I say. I'm not really super religious but I still kind of want to save myself. At least until I know the relationship is serious. I know I love him and he loves me but we've only been together for a little while, and for a while I was in and out of the hospital and coma's.

"Yeah." He nods in response seeming to be in a bit of a daze. I slide off of his lap and curl up next to him. "What time?" He asks. I laugh at his incorrect sentence.

"It's like 2." I say. He nods and pulls my back closer to him. I close my eyes in an attempt of falling asleep again. I just can't. I can't forget about what happened today, or yesterday. As I lay there in a sleeping Sage's arms, I think about all the wonderful memories I've had with Rose. I only lived here with my horrible father for a few years and yet we became the best of friends.