Chapter One: Detective Mary

She was not a hardboiled detective. Heck, she was mild at best. No, the best she could be described as was gentle. Mary had just left the new hotel on Fifth Street. She was excited from the promise of a new case, not to mention a date later in the night to her boy, Thursday. A wealthy millionaire had hired her to solve the case of his missing children. Mary had faith with her new detective skills from the police academic. Mary wore her badge proudly.  She was pretty little gal with the driver googles and winter cap. Mary hardly weighted a thing. She could have passed for a doll. No one knew how she managed to solve her cases or take down a grow man. It seemed impossible for the little gal.

She beamed and headed down the street. In her mind, she could see the outcome and list of suspects of where the missing children could be. It really was not that hard. The millionaire had adventurous children. They must have wanted to wander about town after their father gave them no time. The nanny had asleep on the job. There was a clear answer. The circus was just a block away from the hotel. She did question: why he asked her to find the children when it was so clear. He did not even go to the police. Just around the corner.

Mary had no time from nonsense such as to ponder the fancy of oddities of millionaires. He had be forthright about his goals and hopes. He had proof he was the children's father. It was not a hard case. But it was worth a good amount of pay. Mary nodded to her, "No problem at all!"