When I Look At You

She was the girl that put the moon to shame on clear nights. She had a way of blinding you with a smile just as much as she did with a frown, her blue eyes looking like raindrops when they would cast down so no one would see her true feelings. She was like an eclipse; always hidden yet shining so brightly she could never go unmissed.

She was the type of girl a love sick boy wrote music about. She was a chorus of worshippers whenever she laughed and a soft melody of a piano when she giggled. In my mind, an acoustic guitar would strum along, coaxing lyrics, as if the words that fell past her lips were worthy of a song.

Drops of Jupiter floats through the air like bubbles that pop whenever reality snaps its fingers in front of your face and descends into the background like an old radio who's satellite even knows she is too out of the world for you to have a chance.

But even when the song ends, she still manages to twirl with the Milky Way and sail off to the sun, leaving someone like me, who is afraid to fly, on earth to wish on her as she soars across the night sky where she is pinnacle of most wishes.

Her hair shone brighter than the sun and her eyes put the waves of every ocean to shame. Her voice was more alluring than any siren.

But she was more tempting when she was silent because you knew she had secrets.

There was a hurricane every time she cried and a meteor shower when she was angry. The world had a way of revolving around her. Or maybe it was just mine.

But even with her bewitching presence and charming words, she could slice you in half with her sharp tongue.

Some didn't know whether she struck you with a match or she simply gazed at you while passing before returning her sunshine to the ones higher to the sky.

But even I wasn't as foolish to know she was no angel. She was a fallen, one that descended on a star and crashed into this world where boys like me worshiped her from afar, knowing she would never so much as glance their way.

She had a fiery glare that was probably the reason she fell from heaven that contradicted with a heart that was as golden as the halo that circled her crown.

Even when the eclipse would start and the light from her halo would dim, a burst of infinite brightness would hit her for a brief second as if she begged you not to forget that even when the darkness consumed the moon, the sun would shine again.

I was the boy who used to be considered too smart for his own good. If it wasn't for that one stupid mistake in the field, I would still be considered so. I was top of my class, President of the astronomy club, and had goals of being on the next All American rocket to outer space.

I was also the boy who was dumb enough to think she would ever notice me as more than a nerd, a geek, a nobody.

So I blended into the background and hoped that one day she would shine her light down on me.

For even when my world grew dark, her voice was there to bring the light.

_______________

Also, here's a nice little Nate edit!