Prologue: The Dancers

They had been taken hostage by the fairies. He had expected such a fate to befall him after all his misdeeds. It was expected after all he had lead a life of an informer and spy. The music forced him and his innocent sister to dance back and forth through the tent for the crowd of fairies and humans. He spun round and he felt the blood in his shoe. He was growing tired as his black hair flew out of his face from the next jump. His sister, Mika, had a grave grin as she danced about faster. Her dress was going about wildly. As she passed Yuki, she cried, "Make them stop!"

Mika stumbled here and there with scrapes on her knees. The pink shoes were stained with mud and red. Her hands went over her head as she tried to fight against the music. The enchantment growing stronger as the young girl was forced to smile. She turned and jumped with heavy breath. But she maintained a smile on her face, a horrified smile of pain and fear.

Yuki swallowed from exhaustion as he patted under the view of all the masked faces. He shivered as the music inside in speed. The crowd became a sickening mess of laughter and monster. He thought to himself, Please anyone! Come help us!

It was then that the real horror sunk in. Mika's joints had stiffened. Her eyes were lifeless as she spun around and round without passion or feeling. It was when she slumped over and the music had stopped that he realized his beloved twin was now a balljointed doll. His face froze in terror as the Queen of the Fairies declared, "Another dance by the Fujita twins!"

The music cranked again. Yuki gasped out as he saw him. His face without a mask hidden among the crowd. His face was grim and yet compassionate. It was the man from the junkshop. His scarred face frown gravely. The Scarred Man was there! It was then hope burned in his heart.