Call my name once again.

We got off and took the private elevator. Being so close to him gave me a sense of relief but the fear was still inside me. No, not fear of past. My fear of elevators. I was sweating but in front of him, I tried my best to compose my posture.

I couldn't give him another reason to use it against me. I am already dealing with so many problems and adding this will drain every ounce of my life. I could literally feel myself shaking and I started breathing heavily. In the mist of all the internal chaos, I felt a warm sensation on my hand.

I looked down and saw my hand entwined with the devil. I couldn't believe my eyes. I slowly looked up to him and his gaze was already set on mine. He pulled me closer and held my tightly. We were literally hugging. He was so warm though despite his cold nature. His heartbeat was a little faster than normal but it soothed me.

I was no longer panicking. I hold on to him as long as I could, because I didn't want to let go of this foreign feeling that I felt. I was lost in his masculine gaze, those mesmerizing eyes that held so much authority with a tint of unknown curiosity.

The sound of the lift stopping on the concerned floor, made me lose my gaze from his. What was even doing? I don't really understand. I tried to free myself before I get too selfish and get used to this feeling. But he didn't let go. He was still staring at me, he was still holding me tight.

"Enrique." I spoke softly and I saw a glimmer in his eyes. I stared at him confused and he finally divert his eyes from me. I thought he'll let me go but he pulled me out from the elevator and we entered his office. His secretary was already inside looking worse than a stripper who's up to no good.

She looked confused at first before she shot daggers at me from those demonic eyes. Sometimes I really wanna use my power and show her, her place but that'll be me stopping down to her level. I ignored her and tried to free my hand that the devil has still captured in his clutch.

"Sir.. Good morning." The slutty Secretary purred which sounded more like a cat screeching. "Leave." was all he said. "Excuse me?" The Secretary said in disbelief. I frowned. What is going on. "I don't repeat myself." The devil said in a very serious tone.

The Secretary stormed out of the office. He then sat down in his chair and pulled me along with him. I was now sitting on his lap. Like I was literally sitting on the lap of the devil. "What are you doing?" I said and tried to get off but his muscular arms wrapped around me.

"Wait." he said and his head touched the back of my head. Wait? And what's going on? Is he smelling my hair? Thank god I shampooed my hair. Huh? Why am I so giddy about this? He isn't allowed to do this to me without his permission. Ugh! My head!

"Call my name once again." he asked rather softly. "Enrique." I replied without hesitation because why not? He sighed. Why did it sounded like a sigh of relief and not sadness. "Are you okay?" I asked out of concern. He is acting so strange.

He let go off me. I stood up and stared at him. He rubbed his temple and looked at me. His eyes changed to that cold, emotionless, empty eyes that I'm so familiar with unfortunately. "Why are you standing here? Leave." he said in a cold voice.

Wow! First he holds me without my permission and now he's asking me to leave as if I want to be here in the first place! This man is impossible! "Fine!" I said. "It's not like I wanna be here!" I replied rather harshly. I don't know why it's hurting me so much.

He didn't even look at me. He was busy going through the papers in front of him. Am I just another toy? Why do I always pay the price of someone's enjoyment. Sadness. Anger. Regret. These were the emotions that were inside of me right now.

I was done playing that sweet, innocent girl that people can just toss around for leisure. I bent down, grabbed on his tie and pulled it close to me. "listen to me Mr! You're not my boss and neither am I an employee of yours. I ain't your toy as well so don't mess with me. You'll regret it." I gave him a long hard stare and walked out of the office.

To be honest I felt like a badass doing that. I wasn't though. I ran out of the office before I could see his reaction or listen to his reply. In reality, I'm still a coward. I was in fact, after all, simply running away from I don't know what anymore.

There was a knock on the door and I answered permitting access. Barbara walked in smiling like a ball of sunshine. "I was wondering why the office was so eerily chilly today. " she laughed and sat on the sofa. I walked towards her and sat next to her. "that slutty bitch was in her worse mood, although it should be the people who sees her. Did you even saw her outfit?" she cringed probably recalling the outfit.

"yeah I saw it. Maybe she mistook the office for a brothel." I sighed drinking a glass of water that was in front of me. For some reason, I was feeling parched. "But why in a bad mood though? She didn't get laid?" Barbs laughed as I finished drinking the water. Whatever the reason might be, it's good to stay hydrated.

"Devil kinda kicked her out of his cabin this morning so maybe that's the reason." I shrugged. "What do you mean?" Barb asked with curiosity sparking in her eyes. I rolled my eyes. "Oh come on! Don't give me that look. I know something happened. Tell me, I'm ready to be fed." she laughed.

I explained to her whatever happened this morning and her eyes sparkled as I went on with my narration. "Oh my gucci!" she exclaimed. "Are you serious?" she giggled out of excitement for what, that I don't know.

"Calm your ass down girl! He's such a control freak. A maniac. " I grumbled. "I see more than a maniac and a control freak sister." she grinned and I can seriously tell that, that grin on her face was up to no good.
************

Hello lovelies! I know it's a short chapter but I'm in a tight situation right now where all my schedules are completely packed and I have no time for other activities.

Once I come in terms with my hectic schedule, I'll update longer chapters. Thank you for supporting my work so far and I hope y'all will continue supporting and loving it.

Always remember, if you're having a bad day... I'm always there to listen. You're special and loved. Never forget that.

I purple y'all. Stay safe. 💜💜💜