Payback time (Part-1)

"Thank you for your time." I smile as I shake the hand of Mr. Kapoor the CEO of India's top hotel..Hotel Kapoor.

"It was a very fascinating idea. I'm looking forward to work with you." He laughed and you can literally see his potbelly bouncing. Just kidding. I smile back and glance at the devil.

Just as usual he was smiling... What? Wait! What? He smiled? He fucking smiled. I blink my eyes and glance at him again but he was already looking at me with that stoic face.

I was definitely dreaming. As if the devil smile. Ha! I'm too happy that I can see the impossible. Well whatever. Nothing can possibly ruin this day for me. The clients left and the devil ordered me to his cabin. Like literally ordered. Calm down. Nothing can make you sad today.

I entered without knocking as always and I think he's pretty much used to it now. He didn't even react. Not that his expressionless face shows anything. "What?" was all I said and he raised an eyebrow.

"Confident aren't we? Getting a small deal signed." He said in a mocking tone. "Big or small. Getting it done is what it matters." I sighed taking a seat.

"Did I ask you to sit?" he questioned. "I don't need your permission to do whatever I want to." I rolled my eyes. "Listen Miss Rodriguez. You obey me as long as you live in my house and work at my office. " He said getting rather angry.

"Staying with you was not a choice. You do your own, I do mine. As long as our worlds don't collide..I don't give a rat's ass what you do and what you don't. And you don't poke that prideful nose of yours in my business." I smirked when his reaction changed so quickly. He was taken aback by it.

Hah! Like I will always let him win against me. "Little birdie learned to talk back. " he chuckled sarcastically. "Little squirrel is rather egoistic. " I smirk and he stared at me a little confused and when realization hit him, his face dead serious.

"Black in colour, white little squirrel with nuts... " I continued. "Shut the fuck up Miss Rodriguez. " He warned me. "Oh! Make me. " I challenged him. He was about to blow up and I know that he won't leave me alone for this.

I left the room and entered mine. Barbara entered and gave me a big tight hug. "Congratulations girl! Tonight we celebrate. Get off work soon and we go clubbing!" she announced excitingly and left.

"I didn't reply yet!" I yelled hoping she might hear it but nope she was already out of side. She only needs a reason to go out and have fun. I don't want to go, not after that experience I had when I first went.

Barbara won't leave me alone too if I reject her offer or more like demand. I took out a box from my bag and slowly walk towards the devil's cabin to see if he was there. He's wasn't there and so I snuck in, placed the box in his desk and entered my cabin.

There is only one huge glass window dividing our rooms and I put some curtains so I'll never see his face. I peep from there which I should've done earlier too but I forgot. Sue me.

He came out from the washroom and sat on his desk rubbing his temple. He sighed taking out a pill from his drawer and washed it down with water. Though he looks like no one can shake him, he is a human after all and running such a big, successful enterprise is no joke.

Wow! I just felt sorry for him. It's that phase and nothing else, I assured myself. He finally noticed the box. I made sure it is wrapped perfectly and put a huge ribbon on it too. He unwrapped it and open the box. His facial expression was priceless.

He looked around so I quickly ran back to my seat. He yelled at me through the office phone to get his cabin ASAP. I entered trying my best to hide my laughter. "What the fuck is this?!" he was furious.

"Squirrel. " I replied which made him more mad. I took a peek at the box and as I had already placed it, inside the squirrel panty with the picture on the front was placed..May I add beautifully. So he should be happy.

The panty belongs to the devil. I saw it laying on the floor outside. After asking Cama, I learned that the devil owns it. Seems it was gifted to him by his brother and he threw it away but somehow the panties managed to fond its owner. So I decided to make fun of him and gift him his pride back. I was dying laughing out loud when I learned that the devil own such a thing.

I wonder why he never told me he had a brother. But it's not like we're best friends that colors each other's toe nails and gossip.

"You think this is funny?!" he yelled and I ignored him taking a seat. I won't let him step over me. Ha! I'm way too happy for any other emotions to drag me down. "It's yours so what is so wrong with it?" I replied acting uninterested.

"Book a table for two for tonight at Italy's best hotel. I want no mistake. " he said and walked off leaving me confused. He was so furious just some seconds ago and now he's acting like nothing happened. Did I mention that he took the box with him? Yes, he did.

With a satisfied smile I booked the table and went home early since I had to go out with my girlfriends. Yes. The S and J are not gays but I just call them my girlfriends. They will freak out if I told them what happened today.

After a fulfilling day at the office after how many days of battle, I, Winter Rodriguez rode home with a big smile slapped on my face. I got a call from Barbara saying she'll come over to pick me up. I was so thankful for her kindness but she just wanted to see the devil's lair. That's the kind of best friend you would want to keep, trust me.

Feeling giddy like a highschool girl which is totally out of my character, I took my time to shower and choose a beautiful dress. Classy yet sexy. In the middle of getting ready, there was a knock on the door. I opened it thinking it was Barbara but it turned out to be Cama instead.

"Enrique told me to hand this note over to you dear. " she said passing me a note. I was quite surprised as though why he was sending it to me? Couldn't he just call? Oh! He don't have my number. But he can just approach me. Well yeah over his own dead body.

I sigh. "Thank you Cama. What is that boy up to?" Cama laughed when I called him boy instead of man. "You have to find out dear. I'll be leaving now. Good night love." she kissed me on the forehead. "Good night Cama. Be careful on the way."

I closed my door and sat on the bed and opened the note. The contents made me surprised and furious and confused, all at the same time.
******

Hello lovelies! How are y'all? I hope everyone is doing well? Just remember if you're having a bad day, it'll soon be alright. I've got faith in you. Dust yourself and raise like the Kings and Queens you are.

A short chapter this time. I could've typed more but my brain and hands didn't allow me so. After exam, I went on a trip with my mates so I couldn't spare anytime.

After I returned I was exhausted and some accidents happened *luckily it wasn't that bad* that made me super busy again.

I was supposed to finish the entire chapter here but due to exhaustion and lack of time, I've divided the chapter into Part 1 and 2.

Hopefully the next chapter will be longer and more interesting compared to this one.

I'm sorry if you find lots of mistakes, editing is yet to be done.
Thanks for always being patient. I love you all ❤💕

Stay safe.

P. S.  Shout out to mahgadahling for this beautiful cover😍❤❤❤❤
A lil surprise for you on the next update.💕