Epilogue

To Prince Salim,

       I contemplated on writing to you lest you misunderstand that your sins against me were forgiven. They're not.

       I'm writing to you because this is will reach you quicker. I noticed that there were strange things happening in the Desert Lands palace. As you might know, The emperor has passed away a few days before, and though it seemed natural, I believe it was treason.

      I do not find the palace safe for me and my daughter and would like you to take steps to take us out of here.

      I request you to make haste.

                                         Ada.

     Salim stood up from his chair. It had been 7 years since Ada had left for the Desert Lands and this was the first time she wrote to him. They did cross paths at his nephew's naming ceremony but she hadn't even looked at him and he didn't wish to bother her. She truly was in danger if she put all his hate aside and reached out to him.

       He quickly wrote a letter to his brother informing him of the situation and arranged for a platoon of his best knights and prepared to visit The Desert Lands.

        ****

        Diya was woken up in the middle of the night by her mother. "Wake up!" She jostled her. "We have to run!"

     Diya's eyes widened as she grabbed her shift and walked behind her mother. "What's happening?!" She asked her mother.

      "Shh! Intruders. We have to escape. Now, walk faster."

         Her mother pulled her towards the corridors, they almost ran into some men but hid in the niches of the wall. They reached the stables.

          "Halt!" A voice called them and a shot rang close to them. They ran towards the stable. Another shot rang as her mother stumbled down. She saw as her mother's leg was pooling with blood. She had been shot.

     "Go! Run!" Her mother pushed her.

      "No... mama. No. I won't leave you." She said and tore her shift wrapped it around her mother's leg. "Go...." her mother muttered. The blood loss made her dizzy.

      "What do we have here?" A
sly voice said. She looked up to see two men smiling evilly at her.

      "Take her! Leave the older one." One of the them said.

     "No no..." she shook her head. "My mother!"

    But her pleas fell on deaf eyes as the dragged her to the stables. "Noo! Let me go!" She fought them but the two of them over powered her. They slapped her cheek and dropped her to the stable floor. Her knees hurt as she fell on the floor.

     They laughed as one of them held her hands and the other one was lifting her night gown. "No!!!" She screamed. As they pried higher and higher.

      "Stop! What do you think you're doing?" A voice hissed at them and they stopped.

     "We're taking her sweet virginity."

      "Please help..." she whimpered.

     "Let the girl go." The man said. "Ferhat is not far behind me. And you know how he feels about these things."

     "I don't care. I'm wetting my wick in this wench's water pot today! And there's that!" He hissed.

       Two shots rang out.

      He fell with a thud and the grip he had on her legs loosened, the man who was holding her hands fell too. She sat down to see bullet holes grazing their foreheads.