Chapter 4

A/N: please vote and comment! :)

Ada woke up after a few hours as it began getting hotter. She tried to stretch but something was restricting her movement, or someone. She found an arm wound around her waist and his chest pressed firmly to her back. She found his breath blowing her hair. She assumed he had slept since he was tired.

"Wake up, it's morning." She shook his arm. He groaned and pulled her closer. "Please...wake up. My maids will be here any moment."

"Just a moment..." His voice was deep and husky. She felt her heart flutter. Her eyes widened as she felt something awfully pressed against her bottom.

"I-Is that? Are you naked?!" She hissed, pinching his arm.

"Ahh...yes!"

She roughly moved from his grasp but he held her hand. Just halfway opening his one eye he asked, "Where are you going?" Ada hitched a breath, his hair messily was tousled on her pillow, her sight fell on his sculpted back. She couldn't see it last night in the dark. But now in the morning, she could see his every muscle. She imagined how it would be to touch it.

Shocked by her own thoughts, she snapped out of it. "Where are you going?" He repeated again. "To grab my paint brush!" She huffed and snapped out of his grasp. He laughed, the sounds muffled by the cushion. Her blushing had turned to fear as she heard a knock on the door.

  "Lady Ada? Have you not woken up yet?" Three more knocks followed.

  Ada couldn't move her feet. But Salim could, she narrowed her eyes at him. It was as if he was caught in this position ptoo many times. He cursed around the room and scampered wearing all his articles  of clothing. The sheets slipped and she squeaked as she caught a glimpse of his bottom. Fanning her face, she turned around.

  "Lady Ada!" Her maid squeaked in fear too. "I'm coming, Alia! Wait a mome-" She was cut off as she found her lips hotly captured by him. It felt he wanted to have her as much as he could. "When will I see you again?" She gasped as he came up for breath.

    "Probably on our engagement!" He smiled and pulled her into an embrace. Ada felt a lump form in her throat. She didn't understand why it felt as if it was their final good bye. Her eyes stung with tears almost ready to drop. "I hope we meet soon." She sniffed. Tears flowed down her cheek, wetting his tunic.

     "We will!" He looked pained. There was a knock again. She sighed and pushed him towards the window. He sat on the ledge with each leg on either side. He cupped her face with both of his hands and placed a firm kiss on her forehead. "I'll miss you." He said his voice forlorn. Embracing her, he plucked on of the peacock feathers from her hair, "This is to remember you by."

  "I'll miss you  too." She said. He nodded and she  watched him climb down and drop down. He turned to look at her and then ran. She watched him until he was far away and seemed like a mere speck moving away from her.

   The door was knocked on again. She hissed in anger and took large steps to open the door. "Alia? Where is the fire? Couldn't you wait for a moment?" She yelled at her. The slave girl bowed and said in remorse, "I'm sorry my lady. I thought something had happened to you."

   Ada felt guilty, "It's okay, I just wanted to sleep a little longer." She said letting her in. "Why? Did you paint  the man of your dreams last night again?"  She moved to the canvas and pulled the cloth away.

  She gasped. "This is the most intimate position you've painted him in..." She said eyeing the painting. Ada felt jealousy seep in her. "Yes! I know." She snipped and went on to admire the man in the painting. She traced a finger on his hair and face. She sighed painfully as she already missed touching his hair and face.