Neglected Responsibilities

Previously on Prongslet

Lupin shook his head and said, "Pads, James son was abused his son was tortured and he was SAFE there??"

Dumbledore shook his head again and said " Again I am sorry for this, You have no idea of the remorse I feel"

This went on Back and Forth, back and forth until

Sirius finally said "Moony lets go" to a still fuming Lupin and they went to get Harry who calmed Lupin down immediately.

__________________________________________________________________

Remus, Sirius, and Harry apparated back home. Sirius was still in a bit of rage but kept himself calm for Remus who was clearly still mad.

"Pads, I have to go get some more wolfsbane potion," Remus said

Sirius nodded knowing that Remus just wanted to get some fresh air and Sirius knew that without Remus inside the house for a while he could let out some of his anger as well. Both men had clearly forgotten that Harry was still there but was sitting in a corner. He watched Lupin go and then saw Sirius go to his room and he heard a bit of a cry of anger and felt scared. Knowing that his godfathers were in a bad mood he decided that he would have to go to bed himself. He felt a bit scared since he hadn't tried sleeping without his rocking chair or someone reading a bedtime story to him since if that didn't happen he would get nightmares. He decided that he had to try since he could see that his godfathers had momentarily (he hoped) forgotten about him. So Harry walked up the stairs into his room and brushed his teeth and changed into his green pajama's. He laid down in his bed and fell asleep quickly.

30 minutes later

Remus came back home with a clearer head and a bit of wolfsbane. When he got home he heard banging on the wall. He tracked the banging sound to Sirius's room. Remus walked inside Sirius's room and saw Sirius banging his fists against the wall in anger.

Remus raised an eyebrow and said "and you were telling me to calm down earlier"

Sirius just realized that Remus was there and said "Well you would have murdered Dumbledore otherwise and I wanted that pleasure to myself"

Remus chuckled a little and went downstairs with Sirius to get something to eat. While they were eating they were talking about their old prank to lighten the mood a little.

"Remember the time when we put an exploding charm on Minnie's desk and when she sat down it began bubbling and exploded," said Sirius dying with laughter

"I remember you and James getting detention for a month," said Remus chuckling a little.

"Ah, Well our days of pranking at Hogwarts are over. I wish we had someone to..." Sirius said trailing off when he remembered something then he suddenly stood up and yelled "SHOOT"

"What's wrong," asked Remus

Sirius flashed his a concerned look and said "Harry"

Remus suddenly realized that they didn't give Harry food nor did they rock him or read him stories so he will have nightmares tonight "DAMN IT" he said

Sirius and Remus were both disappointed in themselves but knew that they could do nothing about it right now. They both went into Harry's room to check on him and when they saw he was okay for now they went up to bed. They both fell asleep rather quickly and only woke up the next morning. Harry, however, wasn't doing so good he woke up with a start at 5:00 am because of a nightmare where he was back at the Dursley's and Sirius and Remus were hitting him along with Vernon. Harry was shaking from fear but didn't want to wake his godfathers up he slid over to his toy box and pulled out a doe and a stage. Sirius and Remus had told him that these were his parents Patronus's. Harry didn't fully understand what a Patronus was but he knew that these animals represented his parents and had named then James and Lily. Harry hugged them both tight and then stayed up until 8:00 which was when Remus came up to check if he was awake or not. Remus saw that Harry was awake and he also saw that he was clutching James and Lily.

"nightmare," he asked

Harry started to cry a little and then nodded. Remus walked over to Harry and scooped him up. Rubbing soothing circles on his back when Harry had calmed down Remus said "I am so sorry cub, I was just so mad at Dumbledore for putting you with the Dursley's that well I forgot about you" Harry just nodded and then hugged Remus tightly and didn't let go until they reached the bottom of the stairs and into the kitchen when Sirius took Harry from Remus and hugged him as well saying "I am so sorry pup, how about we do something to make it up to you"

Harry nodded and eagerly said "I want eggs and bacon for breakfast and I want to play a game and watch a movie"

Remus laughed and said " You have Sirius's sense of accepting apologies, food, and games"

Sirius punched Remus for that and then set to work to help Remus make up yesterday for Harry

A/N hey guyyyys sup. Thank you all of you for reading this story and voting on it especially @FullofPapers (idk if I spelled ur username right) I also wanted to say again that I am accepting requests and also *drumroll* I am going to do a little something for whoever sends me like a comment on a chapter. Any comment CONSTRUCTIVE criticism or nice words or even remark or answering my rare questions that I put. I might follow you or read and vote on your story give you a shout out or a little something like that. You can even tell me what you want me to do for you I am completely fine with that. And yea also I am sorry if I UNINTENTIONALLY steal an idea from your story it might have just come to me or maybe just be similar just know it is not on purpose and finally do you think that Sirius and Remus matched their personalities on this chapter???

As always

Follow

Vote

Share

Comment

LOVE YOU GUYYYYS