16

FIREPROOF

FIREPROOF

Tripp's work ethic when he put his heart into something was inspiring. From late Saturday afternoon into Sunday evening we studied Badge & Honor's script and watched every popular Scorsese movie we could find. Tripp took notes, studying things I couldn't see while I just watched the films. When he'd had enough of Scorsese, Tripp switched to Christian Bale films, learning Christian's traits to mimic since he'd be playing his younger brother.

It was amazing watching Tripp get so into his work. I almost wondered what he was like when it came to the music he made. Was he like Kanye West and needed to get away? Or did he just let people make the decisions for him and send him music to add vocals to or lyrics to sing to?

         The fact that he was willing to go R&B spoke volumes, but somewhere deep inside of me I had faith that Tripp would really come through and wow his fans, and maybe even me.

         When I felt like we'd seen every film capable of studying and we'd read just about every scene in the script, I stood away from the couch and demanded time for a breather. My legs were stiff and I could do no more.

         "Oh come on, Clover, one more scene," Tripp begged. He'd been saying it for the past two hours and I could no longer give in.

         I tossed my script aside. "Five minutes, please."

         Tripp grumbled and followed me into the kitchen. Probably to time me. Psycho.

         "I need to get this right," Tripp said as we grabbed a seat at the island.

         "You've got it, Tripp. Relax, enjoy yourself, you've earned it."

         My words had an iota of an effect on Tripp, as he quickly gathered his script and commenced to skimming through it.

         I shook my head and searched online while I munched on a few grapes.

         Opening up my Twitter page I saw a recent tweet from Gavin and I instantly thought to laugh and strangle him at the same time as I read the stupid little tweet.