High School

Monday.

It rolled around like a dark cloud, lingering over Melanie dreadfully. She knew that people were starting to notice her, with Issac's over the top clothing style and her now toned and filled out body.

She had went from probably the most invisible girl in the school, to the least.

And surprisingly, she liked it.

But today she didn't plan to stand out, she planned to wear what a girl is supposed to wear on Monday's.

Sweats and a T-shirt with some converse.

She walked out of Issac's room with a smile, zipping up her jacket. She shrieked when she bumped into someone, looking up to see Issac.

He smiled down on her, hugging her briefly.

"What happened to your sense of style?" He joked, motioning to her outfit.

"It's called a lazy day," She replied. She looked past Issac to see Jess and Nut, who were also dressed for school.

"Wait, why are they coming?" She asked, glancing back to Issac. She felt if they were at school, it might send Payton over the edge. It was enough for Issac to fake being a high schooler, but two more shewolves? That was insane.

"Because, the more of you there are, the less I have to worry about you?" Issac answered, grabbing Melanie's bag and thrusting it into her arms. He smiled at her goofy look, before kissing her on the forehead. "Now we have to go, don't want you to be late."

Melanie groaned, stomping away with a pout. She didn't mind Nut or Jess in general, but she needed to talk to Payton. And she didn't think she could do that with so many wolves in one place at a time.

She got in the car, the rest soon following.

"So Melanie," Nutmeg spoke, "You're positive that Payton won't attack us?"

Melanie shrugged, lacking concern for pretty much anything. Her irritation levels were spiked, and it being a Monday morning did nothing but worsen her mood.

"She might if you piss me off too much," Melanie said. She received a sideways glance from Issac, which caused her to mumble a sorry.

She wished that it was just her and Issac in the car so that she could talk about something. It was definitely important, considering what she saw resulted in someone dying.

But she figured she had to wait until later, despite Issac knowing that something was off about Melanie.

They arrived at the school. Melanie jumped out of the car not even a second after it was stopped, and just walked into the school. She absentmindedly ignored Issac calling her name, not being able to shake the image from last night.

She remembered the fire, scorching hot red flames which came out of the mouth of a beast. It had incinerated two hikers, who were strangely out in the woods at midnight.

Nevermind that, she tried to find a logical explanation to what she had seen. Because what she saw wasn't real, it couldn't be. There was no such things as a gigantic, fire-breathing beast with wings.

There was no such thing as a dragon, was there?

Melanie was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't notice the person in front of her. And she didn't notice bumping into them. She hit them, losing her balance and falling onto the ground.

She cursed, looking up at the person to see who she had bumped into. She was surprised to see someone who she didn't recognize, someone who she had never seen before.