1.3

B i r t h d a y s
____

[1 Y e a r  A g o • F l a s h b a c k]

HE POUNDED INTO THE BLONDE FISTING HER BLONDE LOCKS. They were in his office fucking, it almost became a routine.

He would fück some models that came in but it was always the one model that he always went back to.

He hated himself, he knew what he was doing but he couldn't stop. He wanted to.

Breathlessly continuing his movements, his grey eyes wandered to his hand that was on the leather couch holding him steady. It was his wedding band, the one thing that still kept his love and himself together.

With a harsh sniff he pulled out, disposing of the condom he pulled his pants up looking away from the woman.

"Nial, what's wrong?" The blonde asked seductively laying on her side.

"Leave."

"Nia-"

With fire eyes he snapped his head to her "Leave!"

Gasping she quickly put on her dress and ran out of the office.

He wanted his Olivia. Needed her. She always helped him, with everything.

Taking a seat on the black work chair he buttoned his dress shirt and glanced at his phone.

There was a message, he knew no one messaged him unless it was his one night stands but he always blocked them.

Grabbing the phone he read the message. It was from his friend, Noel.

Nial,

What the fuck are you doing. Do you not even have the slightest feelings for your wife anymore or you just flat out hate her for something she didn't do! Fück you, oh wait no Nial you're already doing that. Your wife is having the best birthday ever at home alone asśhole.

Gasping he dropped the phone in the wooden desk. It was her birthday, he never missed it. He would do work from home on that one day so he could see her and she wouldn't be alone.

He fücking hated himself, he ruined everything. On her birthday he always made a note in his calendar the day before so he can get a custom for her bracelet. He always gave her a new charm.

Slamming his computer on the floor and hurried out of his office and went to the nearest Tiffany and Co.

Putting his head on the ice cold window it was dark. There were no lights on. Feeing tears escape he walked to his car with shame.

He didn't have anything for her because he was busy fucking his new flavor of the week. So he decided to go to the grocery store and got her flowers and balloons.

After sneaking into her room and putting the gifts on the table he exited but not before giving her a good nights kiss added with a faint "I'm sorry."

He stayed up that night and went at seven am to collect the charm from the store. This way she could know he still cared somewhere deep in his heart.

[E D I T E D]
A/N
This deserves a big "oof."