Awkward Meetings

= Chapter One =

(Picture is of Casper)

Casper's POV

I watch from the floor as they walk away, oblivious to the blood dripping in threads from my nose. Great. I should have seen this coming...

I spit onto the ground and a bit of blood follows it onto the floor tiles. Freaking awesome. The only possible way this could get worse is if HE saw me.

"Hey... Uh Casper are you okay?"

Shit.

He walks up to me and offers me a hand, his wavy blonde bangs hiding his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm a... I'm fine," I grab his hand and he lifts me up easily, my face goes red as I quickly slip my hand out of his.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," I throw a light laugh in as well to make it sound more convincing, but it comes out with a nervous note in it... He notices.

"You shouldn't let them push you around like that... They have no right to."

"What can I do about it? Look at me..." I wave my skinny arms around to emphasize my point and he sighs.

"Why do they choose you though?"

He's still new to the school so he doesn't know how things work yet. He doesn't know about me and that's how I'd like to keep it, for as long as possible at least.

"I uh.. Um... Damn it look at the time! I uh I have to go."

I start racing down the hallway to the exit as he mumbles something that in my rush I fail to catch.

Ryker

"...but you don't have a watch on..."

He doesn't hear me. I sigh, what is wrong with that boy?

I watch him leave from where I'm standing. I will myself to walk, but I can't. The only thing I can see is Casper's bruised face and bloody nose... I don't think I'll ever understand, why do they pick on him of all people? He's hardly a threat, he's small and skinny, worryingly skinny, sure he's different but that can't be it right? I just don't know.

I pick up my bag and head for my car, quickly unlocking it and climbing in. All Time Low starts blasting and I sing out loud at the top of my voice in an attempt to ease my mind of questions.

It doesn't work.