Chapter 36 "Cygnus"

Sophie's POV

"That was my first kiss."

I admitted shyly, still panting a little bit from that mind blowing kiss, my hands still wrapped around his neck, still not over the fact that I just kissed him. His hand was resting on the curve of waist, holding me close and his other hand cupping my face. His eyes, shining with pride, found mine and stared at them deeply, as he heard me. His lips curved into a beautiful smile and he caressed my cheek with the pad of his thumb.

"You don't have any idea how happy that makes me. To be your first kiss."

Sincerity shone in his eyes as he uttered those words in a quite whisper.

He leaned in closer and placed a soft chaste kiss on my lips while I closed my eyes, enjoying the feel of it.

Breaking the kiss, he asked me,

"Did you like this place?"

"Of course. I love it actually. It's so calm and peaceful in here. It's so beautiful."

I answered immediately. How can I not love this place? Everything about it just perfect. The fact that he brought me here just makes it all the more special.

He smiled at my answer, pleased with himself that I liked his little surprise.

"You wanna stay here for a little bit longer?"

I nodded my head in a yes. The place had some magical effect on me. I didn't want to leave. It was making feel like home.

Or maybe it was just the person in front of me because of which I didn't want to leave. Not just yet.

He pulled away from me after that and I reluctantly let go, instantly missing his touch.

"Just stay here."

He smiled at me but then turned around and walked away.

I looked at him in confusion, not knowing what he has planned for me.

I watched him intently in the dark as he moved towards a corner and kneeled down near a large tree and started searching. It looked like he was looking for something near the bottom of it. After a few seconds, he stood up and returned back towards where I was standing.

By now, I was standing a little far away from the edge of the cliff, at a safe distance. I watched Alex coming towards me with something in his hand. When he was close enough, I noticed it was a big duffel bag that he was holding in his hand.

"What is this for?" I asked him.

Instead of answering me, he kneeled down already started opening the bag and pulling out some things.

He pulled out a two blankets and started to spread it on the ground while I kept watching him with great interest. He spread out one of the blanket on the grass and when he was done, he removed his shoes and lied down on it. He looked at me from that position and motioned to the empty space beside him,

"Lie with me?"

I stared at him for a moment before I gave in. I removed my shoes and placed them beside his. The cool grass blades felt so soft under my feet. I walked up to the empty side beside him and looked down at him to see him smiling at me. He had his arms at the back of his head, looking up at me. I lowered myself and lied down beside him carefully. The blanket had a really soft and silky texture to it and smelled of Alex. And I liked it.

I placed my hands on my stomach and looked up at the sky.

The cool ocean breeze was flowing, making me feel refreshed. The sound of the waves crashing reaching my ears gave a soothing feel, making feel at peace, under the light of the thousand twinkling stars and the pale moonlight shining above us, creating the perfect atmosphere. Unlike the New York sky, it was clear and the stars appeared to be shining extra bright here.