23. When It Hurts Too Much

This chapter is dedicated to MagBlueRoses for being such a beautiful supporter of this book and making me feel proud of my myself and my writing😍
Check out her profile and books. She's so talented🌹🌹

 She's so talented🌹🌹

RACHEL

After standing in the heavy rain for a while in each other's embrace, Elliot interrupted our one minute long death. One minute long peaceful darkness and oblivion.

"We should probably go inside before we,-" he was cut off by a sneeze. A cute puppy sneeze.

"Catch a cold," he mumbled, holding me tighter against him.

"I think,-" this time my words were cut off by a sneeze as well.

"We already have," I informed, sniffling.

"Yep."

Elliot drew back from me and I noticed the rain was streaming down his face. It almost looked like he was crying. Realizing the rain was just getting heavier and heavier, I grabbed Elliot's arm and we sprinted towards the building were our dorms were located.

"How are we going to climb up to your dorm when the walls are wet and slippery?" he asked as we sprinted towards the dorm building.

"We can go to your dorm. There's a tree next to your window. We can use it to climb up, idiot," I said, stopping before a tall tree.

"Fuck, we should've had Aladdin's flying carpet. It could be in handy right now," Elliot mumbled under his breath.

My stomach tickling, I burst out laughing while Elliot flashed me a goofy grin.

"Come on, let's go," I said as we started to climb up the tree.

Moments later, Elliot pushed the window open and we clumsily jumped into his dorm before he quickly shut the window, blocking out the cold and the rain. When we realized we were standing completely soaked in the center of his dorm, we chuckled lightly while trembling.

"We are so dead tomorrow morning. With this cold, we won't make it to any of the classes," he admitted, pulling off his soaked hoodie, leaving him with a soaked t-shirt. He ran his hands through his wet hair while I continued to shiver with my arms wrapped around my torso.

When he noticed this, he took a step closer to me and placed his hands on my shoulders, studying me closely. My heart skipped a beat when he curled a finger around a strand of my wet hair.