3. The Hot Shithead

RACHEL

RACHEL

Happy endings. I always loved happy endings. I guess that's why I always have been a huge fan of fairytales.

When I was a little kid, mom used to read fairytales for me every night before I drifted off to sleep, dreaming about being a princess.

When I grew a little older, I became addicted to Disney movies for instance, Cinderella, Snow white and the seven dwarfs, Sleeping beauty, Beauty and the beast, Aladdin, Ariel, Rapunzel and so on....

I watched a movie everyday and I thought I was going to keep this habit of mine for the rest of my life, but all of that changed four months ago on the 1st of September 2017.

I dreamt of being a princess and I felt like one until 1st of September 2017.

That day, the golden life I loved and lived, simply broke. I broke. And I learned even gold can break.

That was a lesson I knew would stay with me forever and it did, because I still hadn't forgotten it. I never would.

Pushing the thoughts away, I threw the blue pen I had been using to draw on my hands aside and sat up in my bed before I fell tiredly back again, my face buried in my pillow.

Before 1st of September 2017, I woke up smiling, ready for a new day at the most amazing boarding school in the whole wide world.

However, now the hardest thing for me was to get up from my bed and force myself to face this shitty school and this cruel dark beauty called the "world".

Groaning of annoyance, I reluctantly jumped off the bed and my bare feet came in contact with the warm floor.
Subconsciously, I glanced at my desk where my books were placed in a tidy pile. I couldn't remember the last time I touched them.

I couldn't even remember the last time I studied. The last time I payed attention to what we were learning in class and the last time I actually cared about school. The last time I actually cared about anything at all.

However, now I was going to be stuck tutored by that dark browned hair guy who came in my way to punch that...

"Asshole," I muttered, my fist tightened.

After what he did, he still had the guts to come talk to me. He was partly the reason to why I had lost the ability to love and be loved by someone.

And I could never forgive someone who took that ability away from me as if it never belonged to me.

But maybe it didn't.