Ch14- the cabins

{A few weeks go by since the Candice situation...}

skylar p.o.v.

I tossed and turn every way just to get myself to fall asleep. Nothing worked. No matter how hard I closed my eyes. I threw off my covers and sat up. Contemplating on what I should do.

In the darkness I crawled over to my large suitcase and rummaged through it as fast as I can just to find my adida slides. When I finally did I slid them onto my feet and stood up.

Great, I'm even more awake.

Maybe I should just go outside and see what I could do to entertain myself since insomnia wants to interfere with my night. I slowly open the cabin door.

But thanks to my bad luck it creaks like something out of a horror movie. I hold my breath as I hear Brandon shuffle around in his bunk. When he stops I quickly step out of the cabin and close the door behind me.

"Dammit it's cold." I tell my self as I quickly go to head back in. But the cabin door was locked. I smack my forehead remembering that we always left the cabin door locked from the outside at night, ever since Caden was kicked out.

I groaned for what seemed like forever.

Standing there like an idiot with a tank top and long flannel pajama bottoms I finally moved down the cabin steps. Where am I supposed to go now?

Well a normal person would start trying to find every way to get the person inside the cabin to wake up so they can open the door. But not me, no matter how much I wanna go back to the warmness under my covers. My conscious was telling me to explore. But explore for what?

I walked behind a few cabins until a few noises grabbed my attention. It was coming from the cabin in front of me.

I peek into the windows until I see a group of boys huddled together like a football team before a game. I squint my eyes to see through the darkness of their cabin. Then one boy pops up and throws his fist in the air. It was Caden. He was yelling something but his voice was muffled.

They suddenly all the boys run to the front door and open it too fast. Too fast for me to even run and hide.

"What the hell." One of the boys say. He had his shirt off and wore shorts. I took my eyes off his abs, I didn't wanna seem weird....

Before I know it they were all staring down at me.

My heart was beating fast in embarrassment and all I could do was stand there and smile awkwardly.

"Skylar were you spying on us?" Caden asks me. He was cradling toilet paper rolls and a brown box in his arms.

I take one look at him and make a face when I see there are two black lines of paint under his eyes. Like if he was going off to fight.

Caden smirks then throws a toilet paper roll at me. I immediately catch it.

"Okay well your coming with us." He says.

"To where?" I ask.

"You'll see."

I follow the boys as they walk behind a few cabins like ninjas. In the group of boys I spot Damon. Which caught me off by surprised. How did I not see him earlier.

We stood outside the huge luxurious cabin. Which keep in mind that no camper was allowed to be in this area for it was only for the counselors.

"Guys were gonna get in trouble." I whisper.

They all turn around to me and give me a huge 'hush' .

Each of them now had a toilet paper roll in their hand.

"On the count of 3. 1.....2.........3.... gooooo!" Caden calls out.

They all start TP-ing the cabins and I watched in awe. Not knowing if I should run or stop them. I just knew if we get caught the consequences would be harsh.

"Skylar don't be a bum." Damon points at my hands. I looked down and noticed I was still holding a toilet paper roll. He runs off and climbs one of the trees and throws toilet paper layers all over.

I effortlessly threw the toilet paper to the ground.

"And now for the big finale." Caden says as he holds up the brown box. He slowly opens the box and slides whatever was in it into the cabin.

"Run!!!" A boy yells.
Which we all do.

-

"So which one of you wanna fess up to this?" The camp director screams out. She was very angry and no longer had the nice smile on her face.

This morning she gathered each and every camper to the counselors cabins, which was still covered in toilet paper.
A few campers let out some snorts. Even the ones who weren't involved in this act.

"Someone or many did this last night and brought this snake into the cabin." She says as she holds a glass cage with a large snake inside. The snake that Caden brought in.
I sigh.

"Okay then we're gonna have to make some new changes to the curfew. Each of you will have to be in your cabin by seven pm."

All the boys start talking among themselves and booing.

"Quite down everyone." Her voice was not loud enough to control the boys.

I look around for Caden. I see him a few feet away from me. He was laughing with the group of boys who caused all of this. I stomp over to him.

"Caden are you crazy?" I push him.

Which obviously made a scene and now everyone circled around me and Caden. It was to late to go back now.

"For you, yeah." Everyone started laughing.

"What did you think you were gonna get out of this?" I say.

"What's going on?" The camp director says from behind us.

I keep my eyes on Caden, his smirk fades away. Then I turn around and give my best smile to the director.

"Oh nothing. I thought Caden had something of mine but I was wrong." I tell her.

"Okay everyone off to breakfast," she yells, everyone scatters off to the cafeteria,  I was about to walk off but the director grabbed my arm, "You know you can tell me what happened Skylar."

I shake my head and laugh trying to show I was innocent. But she didn't buy it.

"Go eat breakfast we'll speak of this later." 

*****

Sorry for not updating for a while !!! I've been so busy but a few of you asked for an update <3 !!
Vote
Follow
Share
Save
Love you all❤️