Fin

4 months ago:

"They're with kids, I don't think they were a part of the attack." Evelyn observed as two women climbed out of their vehicle, ushering traumatized children into the chapel. The tallest woman was even more alert than the shorter one, her body ready for any sudden movements. "They're only seeking shelter."

"I'll go check it out." Damien volunteered.

"No, we need to wait and make sure."

"Luke should be coming back soon, he'll know more of what went on in town." Tom nodded as the civilians finally entered. "Speak of the devil..." These people....how could they let them in so carelessly. It's been the worst attack I've seen since....forever. It was strange to see those species all working together like that. Especially for the wolves to hunt so closely with ghouls. I've seen furry breed treat ghouls as if they were bottom feeders. And to share their catch so openly with them.....to conjure up a massacre like that...Something's just not right here.

"If anyone should be called devilish I think you're most deserving of the title." I snorted back. The team had all crowded in the hallway like children. This is ridiculous. "I'll go talk to them." I announced after reporting what I had seen at the park.

"Let them calm down first. I think they've had more than their share of jumps today." Evelyn pulled me back into the hallway. From here we could listen in, and sure enough, those people were terrified.

"I need to go back and find her."

"Try calling her first. Maybe she found somewhere safe, she's a smart girl."

"Mommy, where's Fay?" A little voice pipped up, followed by another, and another. All the children asked for the same person.

"We have activity." Andrea informed, joining once more after scoping the perimeter. "She's covered in blood, so either she's been tracking the family, or she's just badly wounded." We heard the distinct clicks of the heavy chapel doors. The kitchen lights, which the women had turned on to inspect the kids, went out immediately. A low growl sounded, followed by the fearful gasps of our new visitors.

"Hey! It's just Zulie!" I recognized the tall woman's voice. The women all spoke over one another, trying to figure out what happened or who it was that had attacked them. All this noise was getting on my nerves, especially with my team here, listening in like school girls.

"They weren't people, those were ghouls." I sat myself between them, just busting out the facts. They might as well learn now. The girl before me, the one who escaped. She was a mess. Her clothes were stained, practically splashed with blood, her dark wavy hair tangled and sticking out in random spots. But something about that slim figure captivated my attention. I remember, vaguely, but Tony told me once fully believed in love at first sight... I wonder though... My eyes traveled up to her face and I was pleased to discover her lips curved up in a curious smile. Her bottom lip barely caught between her teeth. For a moment, I felt entranced by her eyes and her very presence. Until those deep, welcoming orbs flashed gold...

~~~~~~~~~~
So I wanted to give you all a taste of their first meeting but with Luke's PoV. Thank you anyone and everyone who managed to bear with me and get this far! This is the first werewolf type story I've ever written. Or more like the first story I've completed. So if it isn't quite all up to par, believe me I'll probably be dissecting this into oblivion. ANYWHO! Again thank you so much! Keep a look out for the sequel. And as always comments and votes are more than welcomed (>~O)