10

*Chapter ten*

-Ethan's POV-

"Dear God?" I ask, quoting him.

"Another.. animal attack. Thats horrible." He sighs.

"Why do you seem so uneasy?" I attempt to push the topic.

"Its a long story. I'll tell you about it eventually." He proceeds forward, in which I follow.

We enter a clothing store and I take in the smell of perfume and cologne. Not the best smell but its better than some other stores.

"Am I going to have to wear a tux?" I ask.

"A fancy dinner with someone who lives in a huge house. What do you think?"

I'll take that as a yes and remain quiet. He pulls out a series of tuxes over the next few minutes and hands them to me. He then puts his hands on my shoulders, turns me around and pushes me gently to a dressing room. This is going to take a while..

**Time Skip**

"Can we get something to eat while we're out?" I ask as I put the bags in the back seat. And head to the passenger seat, sitting down.

"Why would you put greasy food in your body?" He asks, seeming genuinely curious.

"It tastes good." I say and tilt my head, looking at him.

"We have a dinner to attend to tonight. The greasy food will fill you up." He states, starting the car.

"Its still early though." I whine.

"You'll get a snack when you get home."

I huff and buckle up as he drives through the mall parking lot to head home. Its like he treats me like I'm some dog. Is that honestly what he thinks of me as, a dog?

"Can I eat the snack outside with whoever takes me?" I ask.

"I'll escort you, yes you can eat outside"

I simply nod. I wonder how old he is. I mean, I'm sixteen and look decently like my age. But he looks older than me.

"How old are you?" I blurt, not processing that I should have kept such a question in my mind.

"Im eighteen." He mumbles after a bit of pondering.

Would he be willing to lie to me? Even after I've told him every truth I still can. I turn my head to look out the window as the car comes to a halt, we are finally back. I get out, going to the backseats and grabbing the bags.

Alexander opens the door to the house and right before it was about to close behind him, I catch it with my foot and sigh. After opening the door the rest of the way for myself, I begin my journey upstairs to my room to lay out my tux.

"Be down in ten minutes to eat. We can spend an hour or so outside then we must come in to clean up and then get ready for the dinner." Alexander yells as I'm walking down the hallway.

I let out a breath of relief once I close my bedroom door behind me. I toss the bags onto my bed and lean against the door, sliding to the floor. What a day, and its not even over yet.

After a couple of seconds of pondering I get up, deciding its only a few minutes before I need to be downstairs, I should set everything up. I pull out the tux, shoes, cologne, shower products and everything else.

Setting up the tux on my bed, I place the shoes on the floor. I place the small blue tooth speaker in the bathroom, along with shower products on the shelfs in the shower. The room is beginning to feel a little like my own.

Checking my phones time I walk out of the room and downstairs to meet Alexander. He put a sandwich and pretzels on a plate which he holds in one hand and in another hand he holds a glass of fizzing Pepsi along with some ice. What a kind gesture.

We head outside and I inhale deeply. The first time in a while that I can finally appreciate such beauty. He leads me along the house and I spot a picnic table near a very small pond. I sit on one side while Alexander sits across from me, passing the plate of food and glass of Pepsi to me.

I simply smile and begin eating. Its so beautiful. The pond isn't a normal swampy water you'd take it for, its actually clean. I look over at Alexander to find him already looking at me.

"It's weird to stare." I say after finishing one mouth full.

"Im not staring. Im gazing." He says simply.

**ALEXANDERS POV**

"Well, then gazing is weird." Ethan muffles while biting into his sandwich.

I look away and over at the pond. Human actions are such a strange thing, and so are their manners apparently. Talking with food in your mouth is certainly disgusting.

I hear a cough and quickly turn my head.

"Are you okay?" I ask, my eyes widening slightly.

"Im fine, it was just a cough." Ethan looks at me in complete confusion.

I must be jumpy today. I cannot risk another humans death. I wish I knew what he was thinking about. My mind constantly questions his every thought.

What was he thinking the night I had taken him? What was he thinking last night while him, Astor and I had fun? What was he thinking when Astor tried to tell him what I actually am.

He can't know yet. He isn't ready to know the truth. Not when the truth could get him killed. Not when he would be too scared to be around me. I cant risk losing him. He is dear to me for some reason. Like a porcelain doll that could break any second by one wrong move. Even if I talk wrong he may possibly break. I can't risk it.

"Dude?" His voice pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Hm?"

"You like totally zoned out. But while looking at me. It was creepy." He scrunches up his nose slightly and grabs his glass.

"So I'm creepy now?" I ask in a slightly mocking tone.

"Very." He smiles slightly and takes a sip.

I stand up and smirk quickly, moving towards him. Ethan sets his drink down, stands up and begins sprinting away from me with a smile on his face. I chase after him as fast as possible, trying to catch up but remaining at a human speed.

I look behind me for a second and when I look back I'm falling. I land on a slightly hard surface. Ethan. I look at him with wide eyes and get off of him quickly.

"Im sorry." I apologise frantically.

"Its okay." He smiles and gets up, brushing himself off.

"Lets go back inside, shall we?" I ask and place a hand on his shoulder as he simply nods.

**A/N
Chapter complete after so long. Im sorry for such a long wait. But I quickly put together something so you guys had at least a little something to enjoy. I may start chapter teasers where I write like half of a story and publish it and then later on, go back and write the rest. But I'm not sure if thats a good idea so comment it message me your opinions!! Xoxo Kat***