Sixteen

"Sorry, because of me last night we couldn't do the next progression" i spoke through the phone.

"It's okay, how do u feel?"

"Much better, thanks to you. At last i just couldn't hold everything anymore and let it out as tears"

"You fell asleep last night because crying hard. No matter what, just remember i will be there"

A smile appeared on my face when i heard those words coming out from him. "Thank you"

•••

It's been a week. While on my way to school, i saw Jinyoung came from my right direction and greeted me. "We meet again" he spoke up. "For sure we will meet here, it's school" I laughed.

His expression changed from emotionless to a small smile. "You look cute with a smile" I complimented. "Thank you. But it's just, i dont have anything to smile anymore. That's why i dont like to smile"

"What do u mean?"

Suddenly Sunghi came and hugged me with one arm, greeting me "Morning!" She grinned. "Ah, Sunghi Good morning!" I replied. When i turned to Jinyoung, he's already gone, walking away to his class.

"Were u talking to him?"

"Sort of" I nodded.

•••

As usual, during lunch i will avoid, prevent from seeing anybody and hid myself so they won't figure out that i've been starving during lunch, moreover Sunghi. I wanted to save my money, no matter what, i just think that lunch is just a simple meal that i can excused.

I coughed and saw my breathe formed in the air as a smoke. It was cold, and i decided to just go into my class, and rest there. But on my way up while taking the stairs, i felt dizzy and stopped for a moment as i sat down on the stair, spacing out to the window. I felt so tired, is it because i've been working, going to school without taking a rest

Out of blue, a pair of legs stopped in front of me. My eyes slowly looked up and realised it was Jinyoung. "Need any help?" he asked.

"Yeah, i need a medicine" i said. He helped me get up and supported me to the infirmary.

When we entered, he helped me searching for a painkiller and a headache medicine and gave me along with a mineral bottle from the shelf in there.

"Thanks" i thanked him and gulped down the medicine along with the water. I felt uneasy and uncomfortable "Maybe u should lie down for a while"

I nodded and lied down by myself, pulling the blanket to cover my body. "Thank god u walked pass there" i sighed with a smile. "I've nowhere to go"

"About before, what do u mean that you dont have any reason to smile anymore?" i asked.

He stared down to me, makes me became guilty for asking such question. "Sorry, u dont have to answer that" i smiled awkwardly.

"My brother, passed away before i transferred here. He was the source of my happiness since my parents were both passed away. Now im living with my uncle... can i trust you that u won't tell anyone about this?"

"I promise" i nodded.

"But i dont know why, you succeed to make me smile eventhough it's just a simple thing this morning" He smiled again. "And.. you are smiling eventhough there's nothing"

"Holy shit" he cursed and looked away, faking a cough. "I-i dont know what's gotten into me"

"I feel sleepy" I yawned and my eyelids were heavy. "The medicine for headache will make u sleepy i guess"

"Wait what? then how am i supposed to study?"

"You should take a rest. Just sleep, i wont do anything. I will be there" I turned to the side and looked at him for a while.

"Im trusting you here"

He nodded and smiled a bit. "Rest well"

•••

"Unnie, wake up" Someone woke me up, shaking my shoulder. My eyelids lifted up and looked at Daeun "Unnie, the school has ended. Come on, let's go home"

"Wait what?" i sat up right away but i felt my head was heavy. "Whoa, im sorry. I shouldn't have tell you to hurry it will be worse. You need to lift your head slowly actually"

Daeun helped me to get up and Jinyoung appeared "Who are u?" Daeun asked. "Her friend, who are you?"

"Her younger sister. Nice to meet you" Daeun bowed, showing her respect. "Are u the one who brought her here? thank you"

"No problem" Jinyoung answered and looked at me. "Let's go, it's getting dark"

When we reached downstairs and walked out from the building, it seemed like everyone's went home already. a car stopped in front of the school compound, right before the gate and a guy got out from it.

"Ahyoung" Namjoon rushed to me. "Your mom tried to call both of you but none of you answered so she called me, asking where are u guys"

"wait really??" Daeun checked her phone. "Damn, my phoen's battery is flat"

"Come on, let me send you" Namjoon gestured to open the door and both of us got in. When he closed it, he noticed Jinyoung was there.

(Namjoon's POV)

"Are u her friend?" I asked. Jinyoung just stared at me "Thank u for taking care of her, we will take our leave now"

"Maybe more than a friend soon" Jinyoung suddenly spoke to me when i was about to get in the car. "What did u say?"

"Take care of her"