22. It ends Tonight

We sent Brazen home that day. There were guards left inside and out for her family's protection. Her siblings and connections (brother in law and Jen's kids) are sent to a safe house while her cousins (who are also fighters) were given assistance in case they saw threats around them.

We kept them protected until all of the danger is surely gone.

I knocked on Brazen's door.

"Brazen?"

"Yes?" She didn't open the door but she responded anyway.

"This is what I avoided to happen, the reason why I didn't want you to be involved

"This is what I avoided to happen, the reason why I didn't want you to be involved. I hope you understand." I held the surface of her door. I wanted to see her face but she refused to open it so I touched it like how I wanted to touch her face.

"I know. I understand. But it's here already. It can't be avoided." She answered in a low voice.

"I miss you. I miss you so much. But-"

"Is your marriage with Rogue valid? Or was it fake?"

"It's all fake." From the way I hear her breathe, a sigh is a sound of her being relieved. "I have to go, Brazen." I stepped away from her door but waited for a moment hoping she will finally open it.

"Stay safe." She gave a faint response. I don't know why she doesn't want to see me. Maybe she's still not feeling well when I sent her away from Sagada.

I left the door and talked to Uncle Nick. "She's still mad at me." I shake my head and patted Edward's hair.

"Why would she do that?" He took a deep breath and puts his hands on his waist. "I'll talk to her. Maybe she's having her problematic period changing personality shit again. I hate it when she does that. Sometimes I ask myself if I know her. Is that my sweet daughter? What happened to her? Yeah, that's what I kept on asking." He shakes his head in annoyance and I couldn't stop to laugh.

" He shakes his head in annoyance and I couldn't stop to laugh

"Uncle, I think you have two more Brazen in this house. The other visits every month. You're very lucky." We had a drink before I left their house.