19. Hallow Win

"Ah!"

I woke up wet with sweat all over my body. What happened? The night terrors from my first trouble in Sagada are back again. It seemed like it is pulling me back to that mountain and the abandoned house. It wants me to go back and survive again.

 It wants me to go back and survive again

But it only raised my hairs in fear. I tried to forget that event. It's a terrifying moment in my life.

The strange people, the place, what they were doing, and the killing I did. I tried to erase it but now, it's coming again. Why? I don't know.

The streets are starting to make noises. This is a common event every day in this city. I looked outside and few cars were running around. I went back to my bed and slept again.

...

"Brazen? Wake up; your sisters will be coming soon. I summoned them because I have important information to tell you." Dad woke me up for me to fix myself and get down immediately.

They both came and we waited for Dad's important discussion.

"You said, Sovran's one of the Mayor's bodyguards. I asked some of my acquaintances about him, he seems like a newcomer. Some of my resources just mentioned about this called 'UNDERGROUND MISSION' and I think that that thing can answer our questions. How can these two veterinarians end up in situations like that? It's too far, right? They were veterinarians, who has mission like a policeman, an asset, and a soldier?"

Dad scratched his head. Every one of us is confused.

"Why don't you ask your friends, Dad?" Jen thought of an idea.

"I'll get myself killed if I'll do that. It's very confidential which we have to respect. If I knew anything about what they are doing, they'll kill me and our family."

We all kept quiet and thought deep.

"Maybe, they're up to something no one knows, something that involves the mayor. We all know he has some dirty secrets but we don't know what secrets are those." I break the silence and guess like a grown-up woman.

"It could be drugs, prostitution, murder, or any illegal shits. We have to stay out of this. Let's quit these things because it's too dangerous. Brazen and Dad, please forget about them from now on." MJ grabbed her bag and left.

"Let's forget about this thing. Come on Brazen! Let's go out for shopping with Edward. I'll buy you some new things." Jen happily pulled us out of the house with her car.

We wandered around the Marquee mall buying some stuff that we like. Edward chose some toys that are good for teenagers.

"Jen, we thank you for sharing your money." I smiled at her and pulled Edward in between us.

"Duh! Hahaha! It's not my money, stupid! It's from our business." She pats my head while laughing.

I just shook my head and smiled.