San | Dreaming

"(Y/n)! Wake up, it's time to go back home," Yuri says as he shakes her gently, making her shift on the bench and sitting up with tiredness in her (e/c) orbs, looking over at him. Rubbing her eyes, she stretches her arms out and yawns, closing her eyes for a second. Letting her arms fall back down to her sides, she stands up and embraces Yuri in a loving way, feeling his body temperature warm her up. He becomes slightly confused from her sudden action from waking up, but lets it slip by since it's happened before. He sighs and wraps his arms around her waist, knowing that she wants something.

   "(Y/n)... what's wrong?" Yuri asks, as she leans her head on his shoulder with her eyes closed once again. She couldn't help but be tired from practicing and life in general. She could feel herself slowly losing control of her body, due to the lack of sleep for the past week. Drifting in and out of consciousness, her arms start to fall from his neck, and he knew that she wasn't acting right. "(Y/n), get on my back, I'll carry you home."

   She opens her eyes, and pulls away from the hug, looking at his concerned brown eyes. He could practically see the bags under her eyes, he smiles slightly and bends down letting her climb on his back. Once she's on his back, he stands up holding her legs as she lies her head back down on his shoulder. Letting herself drift off to sleep .

*~*~*~*~*

   "Daddy... Why are you up so late...?" A child with short (h/c) hair asks her father, as she stands in the doorway of his workroom. Stacked papers on the corner of his desk with folders, labeled differently. Her father sits at his desk with the computer in front of him and a cup of coffee beside him, to make sure he gets his work done for tonight. He raises his head only to see his daughter, standing there with tired eyes and a (f/c) nightgown on, holding her favorite stuffed animal in her hands.

   "You shouldn't be asking me that, ask yourself that." He says in a playful manner receiving a slight smile from her tired figure. Standing up from his chair, he trudges over to her small figure and lifts her up into his arms, swinging her side to side. Placing her on his shoulder and holds her there, walking back to the room that holds her mother sleeping soundly under the covers.

   (Y/n) looks over his shoulder and watches his workroom disappear in the distance. She would always see a shadow figure standing in front of the room, making her afraid to walk into his room. Although she's scared of the shadow, it would always sing and comfort her. Never knowing why it would do that, and why it entered her life. She would always try to tell her parent about the shadow, but when she does she could feel the shadow covering her mouth. She couldn't do anything about it, but just let the shadow be.

   Watching the shadow, it moves their hand towards their mouth, telling her to be quiet. As if on cue, her dad opens the door right as the shadow leaves her.

   "I found this little girl roaming around," He says to mom, seeing her sitting up in bed with messy hair and her phone in her hand, scrolling through emails. Walking over to the bedside, he sits down beside mom and lies (Y/n) down on the bed. Her mom turns her phone off and places the device on her bedside table, reaching out to her child and picking her up.

   "Why'd you wake up? Did you have a bad dream?" Mom asks, cradling the child in her arms softly stroking her hair. Feeling her fingers glide in her hair, made (Y/n) tired and forgets the shadow in a split second.

   "I guess she's too tired," Dad says with a smile, watching his baby drift off to sleep without a care. Watching her chest rise and fall, with her arms wrapped around her stuffed animal tightly as if she would lose him.

   "Honey, we have to figure out what's wrong with her." The mother says, once their child fall to sleep. He sighs and looks over at her, seeing her worried and he is too.

   "I know, and I'm trying to get the money so we can schedule an appointment for her. I mean, is it just the nightmares that are bothering her or is it something else also?"

   Mom takes his hand in hers, holding it tightly as tears brim in the corner of her eyes. "I don't know, I just want my baby to be happy."

   He rubs his thumb on the back of her hand looking into her glossy eyes as his other hand travels to her cheek, wiping the tears away. He feels heartbroken that they can't figure out what's wrong with her, even though they have asked her repeatedly to tell them. She couldn't.

   "We'll figure it out, I almost have enough money to make that appointment. From now, lets keep her at home and see if she could draw out how she's feeling," He tells her with a slight smile, holding back the tears. He knew that he has to stay strong for them, and get his papers done by midnight or else he won't be able to receive the money he needs. She smiles and places a soft kiss on his cheek, pulling away from his hand and lies (Y/n) beside her on the bed, covering her up.

   "Thank you honey, I don't know what I would've done without you," She says, lying down in bed and drifting off to sleep. He stands up and leaves the room, hoping that they'll be able to see what's wrong with their daughter.

*~*~*~*~*

   "(Y/n)! Yuri! Don't stay in your room, help shovel up the snow!" A familiar voice calls out, making her shift in her bed. Slowly starting to wake up, she sits up in her bed and looks over at Yuri to make sure he's awake. She could see him shift in bed and sit up, opening the blinds beside him. Having the room fill up with light, she squints her eyes and pulls the covers back over her groaning at seeing the light.

   "(Y/n)! I think we got a snow storm last night," He says, getting out of bed and trudges over to his dresser, to get dressed. She could only throw the covers off of her and look over at the window, which shows layers of snow, making her smile slightly. Clothes were thrown at the empty space beside her along with a pillow coming in contact with her face. Falling back onto the bed, Yuri walks over to her and holds his hand out. Taking a hold of his hand, he pulls her up and in a glimpse of an eye, she pulls him onto the bed, throwing the pillow back at him.

   "There you go! It looks like you needed it," She says, gathering her clothes from the bed and heading into the bathroom to get dressed while Yuri gets dressed in the bedroom. Closing the door behind her, she starts stripping down, throwing the dirty clothes in a corner. Slipping on a bra, she then puts her (f/c) shirt on that says, 'I Support Victor Nikiforov!' in (s/f/c) bold words. Putting on her (f/c) leggings and (f/c) sneakers.

   Gathering her dirty clothes, she unlocks the door and heads back into the bedroom, seeing her brother all dressed up. He hands her, her (f/c) jacket and she slips it on while he does the same.

   "Ready to shovel up some snow?" (Y/n) asks with a smile on her lips, as she throws her dirty clothes in her basket in the corner of their room. Yuri could only smile at her happy behavior and pat her back, trudging out of their room with her following behind.

   "Not really, but since you're here, then I suppose." He says, walking towards the entrance of the shop. She could tell that he's still tired and didn't want to wake up. Being in a good mood, her mind starts to drift off to the dream she had.

   'Mom... Dad... I wish you two were still alive. At least I can write letters to you, I hope you see them. But why did you worry about me, I was fine-'

   Her thoughts become interrupted by a large, silver-beige poodle jumping onto her. Snapping out of her trance, she sees the pet of Victor making her eyes widen in shock.

   "Ma... Makkachin...?" She says softly, Makkachin barks and licks her cheek, making her chuckle softly only to realize that if he's here, that means Victor Nikiforov is here. Looking over to her side, her brother sprints off to the Hot Spring without even waiting for her.

   "Makkachin, is Vitya here with you?" She asks, with tears forming in the corner of her eyes in happiness. He barks once again and licks her cheek again. Smiling she embraces the dog as tears stream down her cheeks in happiness that her idol is here.

   Watching ice skating at a young age, seeing Victor on the television made her happy, and he was the one that gave her the light in the darkness. He was the one that made her smile.

Word Count - 1600

『See you in the next chapter』

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆