PROLOGUE ( part one )

I welcomed the smell of candy floss and sweets  as I held my brothers hand in my own.

"We come here every time, can't we go somewhere else?" My brother wined

" No! You got to choose last time so now it's my turn" I stubbornly stuck out my tongue  at him
"Yes but you always choose this shop"

"Well it's my choice what candy shop we go to that's the whole point, idiot."
His features soured as he registered my harsh words.
"That's a rude word Bee, mummy says we shouldn't ever use that word on anyone"
He said trying to shush me.
" Well I'm getting older now" I stated proudly
"Were the same age..."
"No, I'm older"
"Only by a few minutes" he mumbled quietly, not wanting to upset me.

"Okay, lets just go in, we aren't supposed to be late, remember?" I remind him, not waiting for his answer as I drag him in.
His complaints going through deaf ears.

The sweetness of the candy floss melting on my tongue in mere seconds after each bite.

"Come on Ry, hurry up" I shout behind my shoulder.
"Okay wait"
I look back and watch him kneel down to tie his stubborn shoe lace.
I give out an exasperated sigh, knowing I can't leave him behind, yet still contemplating the idea.

"Okay done lets go" he says, while munching happily on his candy floss beside me.

" Bianca, I want to tell you something but promise you won't say anything to mum or dad?"
" What did you do this time?" I stop walking and look straight at him
" I didn't do anything, at least not what your thinking"
He took a deep breath
" I have a friend. A werewolf friend "
I stop and look back at him
I put my hands on his shoulder, reminding me of my mother when she is disappointed.
"You know you shouldn't do that... we're humans, Rylan, they're... werewolves" 
I shuddered at the last word.
"The point is we're different, they kill who ever they please without any morals. They're evil, we shouldn't ever trust them"
I scold him, remembering my parents words.
" I know, I know.. but he's different, Bee"
I shook my head at him
"He's still a werewolf"
He sighed, knowing he wasn't going to win this time.
" Okay... you're right"
" Of course I'm right" I scoff, smacking him on the back of his head and running away, knowing he was going to catch me. He was always faster than me, always nicer.
He was always the innocent one, a little too innocent for his own good.
He was the bullied one, the one who would get mocked and laughed at wherever he did something strange.
He was always the clueless and clumsy one the one who would trip over his shoe lace, the  one who would understand a simple joke 5 minutes after it had been said

He was my twin brother, my other half.
I may not ever say it out loud but I adore him. I adore him for sticking next to me, never leaving my side, keeping my secrets so sacred as if they were his own. I adore him for sticking up for me, even to our own parents.
I smiled at the thoughts.
A stinging sensation at the back of my head snapped me out of my thoughts.
My confusion turned into annoyance as I registered what had just happened
He laughed so hard, tears were itching to get out of his eyes.
"You... you weren't even ex- expecting that" he wheezed out of laughter
"Like your f-face was.. priceless!"
I rolled my eyes at him.
" I was expecting that, I just pretended to not to, to make you feel better about yourself, I even slowed down just for you. See what a great sister I am"
His laughter died down and he looked at me with annoyance.
"You always say that"
he stuck his tongue out at me and started walking in front of me as if I wasn't there.
"Okay, okay you won fairly, your faster than me" I rolled my eyes, at his behavior.
He looked back at me with a cheesy smile
"Of course I am" he scoffed while speaking in an overly girly voice
I laughed at him realizing he was imitating me.  I covered up my laughter with coughing.
"I don't even sound like that"

I put my arm around his shoulder as we continued our journey home.