getting noticed.

GETTING NOTICED ON WATTPAD.

"I'm hoping... there's a logical explanation for all this." - Marcus Kane

-

LETS BE HONEST OKAY? if you write a book, you want people to read it. so i'm going to help you achieve your goal. hopefully. i can't make any promises. but i'll give you the tips i do have:

don't be annoying. i.e., don't go around commenting on other people's story "read my story". it's not going to get you any reads, if anything people are less likely to read your story. i know it's tempting but no, just no...

❀ ...BUT i do have a section of this book called "sell your story", which is specifically designed for you to be annoying. except you're not actually being annoying because the page is meant for people to comment about their 'the 100' book. so i encourage you guys to go to that chapter, read the more detailed explanation and comment about your story. (and make sure to check out other people's stories who comment!)

have a good cover. people are way more likely to click on your book if the cover is good. if you want tips on how to make a good cover, i did a brief chapter on it called "fonts/covers", but there are also a bunch of other books on wattpad that are specifically about making kickass covers so if i were you i'd check those out and follow their instructions!

have a hooking description. use an enticing quote, or a brief and mysterious explanation of your book. remember less can be more, don't put your entire book into the description. but also make sure your caption interests the reader, don't just leave it blank or put a smiley face or something.

read other peoples books, and be nice! obviously don't read other people's books just so that they'll read yours, but guys if you read other books, comment, and vote there's a likely chance the author will do the same for you. and on the plus side you'll find some super awesome books.

follow lots of people. similar to the suggestion above, when you follow people its possible they will follow you back, and eventually read your books. making friends on wattpad is a great way to get reads because you can read each others books and support one another!

be friendly with the readers you do have. if people are commenting and voting, make sure to comment back, and thank them. check out and see if they've written any books you'd be interested in, and if they do, read them and vote and comment for them!

use tags. using a lot of tags is another easy way to help your reads go up. use as many as you want that are related to anything about your book. (i.e., the name of the show, names of characters, themes in your book, etc)

hopefully this is helpful for you guys, and your reads go up! like always don't forget to vote, and comment any tips requests or questions you have. also, if you have any suggestions for how to get more reads that i forgot to mention, comment them! love you aalllllllll xoxoxo tay

be blessed my children↴