X. Blood

"Levi!" Hange crashed the door to his office open, bearing what looked like a crumpled piece of newspaper. "LEVI!"

"Damnit! What is it, shitty - eyes? Can't you see we're busy here?" He was currently working on the overdue documents that Erwin gave him. (F/N), on the other hand, was sweeping the floor, totally and utterly clueless of the current situation they were in.

"It's,... it's,..." Hange was panting heavily. She breathed in a large amount of air her lungs could possibly hold and shrieked. "Come with me, NOW!" She looked at (F/N), took away her broom, and impatiently threw it away. "You, too, (F/N)."

"Where are we going? Have you finished the antidote?"

"No!"

"Then, what are you even doing here, you shithead?!"

"I'll explain everything, but not here! Come. With. Me. NOW!"

A few minutes later, they were all gathered in Erwin's office. Just like last time.

"You better start talking, shitty - eyes, or else, I'll strangle you." threatened Levi, who, once again, chose to just stand by the window.

"No need for that." Hange said, unaffected by Levi's insults, as always. "Read this." She handed him the crumpled newspaper in her grasp. The short, irritated man raised an eyebrow, took it, and read.

"Local citizens dress up as hooded figures to drive away evil spirits, by Rosie8833. What does that even - ?" Levi went silent as he absorbed everything that was written in the newspaper. And what was stated there did awful things to his balance. "The fuck,... Oi, shitty - eyes, where did you get this shit?"

"I was strolling around the Marketplace when I saw that. I immediately bought one and hurried back here!"

"This piece of shit news,..." Levi gasped, horrified at the journalist's happy description of him doing cosplay while driving away evil spirits. "... is nothing but complete shit! This drawing of me here, doesn't even look a bit like me! That's a Prince! Not a Soldier!"

 is nothing but complete shit! This drawing of me here, doesn't even look a bit like me! That's a Prince! Not a Soldier!"

Levi handed Erwin the newspaper, totally appalled by its contents. After reading, he handed it to (F/N), who took it quietly and went back to the sofa. She read it, and immediately saw what Hange was being paranoid about.

The Government,... has decided to keep the incident the other day a confidential matter.

Were they afraid of something?

"Erwin, I thought that the King had nothing do with the current execution of the Ackermans. What is this?" Hange asked the Commander.

Erwin contemplated for a while, then spoke. "They are well aware of the existence of that secret organization. They immediately covered up the real content of that newspaper, which was published on April 25th, the day after Levi was injected."