Vivien:Mille

*
Rome
Pine's Villa

Viven waited in a lounge area with other hopefuls trying to get the job. It's funny Guinevre would kill for a chance to get
one of her Rangers into this job interview, but here she was and she wasn't remotely qualified. Who knows how Colin found out about the interview, once upon a time he was Guinevre's best Ranger but now he was on the kill list.
It dawned on her how out of place she really is, she wasn't exactly the best coffee maker in the world. All the other applicants looked like they'd done this before, if only they knew what they were getting themselves into.

She had to look as friendly as possible but as far as she was concerned she's in enemy territory. Her boyfriend's dead because of that bastard. Her knees were trebling and her hands were shaking. Snacks were on offer but she didn't feel like she could hold anything down. She was so stressed out she didn't even care the woman sitting opposite her looked like the bitch that bullied her in high school.

She should be planing her wedding, trying on dresses for hours. But here she is getting ready to work for the monsters that took it all away from her a week after he popped the question. She just sat there in her chair, it's impossible to tell she's having a mental breakdown.

She can't help but think how it happened, he was Lancelot's best and everyone knew it. Even Jacob had to admit it. But how did Jacob get to walk away but Chris died. She just wishes he could hold her right now, she could definitely use it.
All the other applicants have been seen even the one that resembles a bitchy ghost from her past. Any minute now they'd call her.
"Candidate 32." She heard a voice from the intercom, it was the receptionist she has to deal with on the way in. She just had to get through this one interview, she had to for him.

A rather large looking chair was facing away from her, it slowly rotated round. He seemed to be humming twinkle twinkle little star to himself, she couldn't quite tell because it was too quite. But stopped as soon as the chair stopped moving.
"Henry Pine, and you are." Pine said not making eye contact, It was so surreal seeing him in person, the only time she's seen him is when she has to browse the kill list. But here he was without the 'terminate on sight' notice that came up every time you'd search his name on Camelot's databases.

" Millie, Mille Stone." She answered nervously and Pine gestured urging her to take a seat. It's a good thing to, otherwise he'd notice her knee caps looked like they were about ţo shatter after all that shaking. Maybe giving the real life equivalent of a Bond villain her real name wasn't the best idea, but Colin did say staying as close to the truth as possible was the key to a good lie.

" What skills do you have." Pine said bluntly in his distinctive southern accent. She hesitated not really knowing what the right answer was exactly.
"Well I'm good with computers." She said looking at a oil painting behind him.
"Good." Pine said bluntly, He's definitely the most socially stunted person she's ever met so who knows how he's feeling.

" Mikhail." He called for his personal hitman, shit what had she done wrong,was it something she said.
Her heart was about to explode but she couldn't let it show.

He stared right at her with those frozen eyes, she noticed a fairly prominent scar going across his left cheek. Something else stood out to her, a Hello Kitty bracelet around his wrist. It couldn't possibly be his,could it. The alternative is less likely surley,or is it.

" Relax your doing fine,I'm Mikhail." His voice was deep and his accent was thick but he was surprisingly friendly.
"Millie." Vivien shook his hand, he had a nice strong grip, she could feel some scars on his hands but most of them were tiny.
"So how are you with kids." Mikhail asked pouring her a glass of water, He's definitely picked up on how nervous she is even if Henry hasn't.
"Yeah I'm good with kids, had to look after my little sis a lot growing up." She said just before sipping some water which felt like heaven.

"What's the verdict." Pine said abruptly and Mikhail gave him a subtle look of disapproval.
"I like this one." Mikhail said smiling at her trying to put her at ease, as much as she'd want to deny it she definitely felt more relaxed.
"Miss Stone you're hired." Pine said bluntly, turning away almost imidetly and went back to fiddling with a Rubix cube.

"C'mon I'll show you your room." Mikhail said, for some reason she felt safe around him so she didn't hesitate. Guards carrying automatic weapons were just casually patrolling the hallways. An toddler was on their way to Pine's office with a drawing in hand.

"Iris daddy's working, what did you draw." Mikhail picked her up and kissed her on the forehead.
" I...drawed 'ello Kitty." Iris said looking at her painting, her grammar wasn't bad for a three year old. She was so cute, she kinda reminded Vivien of her little sister.
"This Hello Kitty." Mikhail said drawing attention to the bracelet around his wrist and Iris started nodding and smiling.Mikhail smiled back then he kissed her just before putting her down slowly.

"She's really sweet." Vivien said watching Iris walking away.
"Yeah,she always puts me in a good mood." Mikhail said leading the way to the guest room. On the walls were some famous works by Van Gogh, Picasso and even Da Vinci. Knowing Pine they're all originals but who knows how much they all cost. One painting wasn't like the others, it was a painting of Sean Connery as 007.

"How much did that cost." Vivien said sounding intrigued, it wasn't as renowned as the others but it looked so life like. Whoever painted it probably got paid a fortune.
" Oh I did that one,so nothing." Mikhail chuckled.
" You're a painter ?" Vivien asked in amazement.
"Well I wouldn't go that far, I painted this one for Henry's birthday." Mikhail said casually. He's definitely what she expected, at least her stay here won't be completely filled with dread.

Her room was quite spacious with a few oil paintings on the walls, maybe Mikhail did them. She had to watch what she said or did in here because this place is probably filled with surveillance devices. It's way to soon to call her mission a success, she doesn't know what Pines up to yet. Having said that she got the job and Mikhail trusts her so that's something to celebrate.

She dives onto her bed embracing the comfort of the sheets.

Next part coming soon