Chapter 18

"This my shit," He laughed as the song came on. He started rapping like Ja Rule while I cooked us breakfast.

"Oh hell nah," I laughed at him dancing. "I'm real," I sang along with him. He pulled me into him and we sang around the kitchen as if it were our song.

"You're burning the bacon!" He laughed.

I rushed over to the stove to turn it off. "It's your fault!" I laughed as he tried to hold his in.

"You're my JLo baby," He kissed my neck and I stared into his mesmerizing blue eyes. They slowly got darker and I felt a sharp sting. "You can never do anything right!" He yelled.

"Andre please!" The scenery changed and it's the day he came back from prison. I'm so happy that he's home and he's yelling at me. "It's just a scratch!" I tried to give him a paper towel for the scratch he got on his face from me trying to shave his beard. I insisted on going to a barber but he refused and told me to do it.

"Just a scratch?!" His large hands connected with my face. I gasped as I hit the floor with a thud. "Bitch!" He began kicking me over and over until I coughed up blood. "Oh baby,"

"Leave me the fuck alone! Get out!" I hit him back. "Get out!" I reached for the wet frying pan that I had just washed.

"You're gonna hit me?! I love you!" He yelled and I swung on him. "I love you!" He screamed as the pan connected with his back.

"Grace!" My body was shook. I gasped for air as my body jumped. My curly hair stuck to my neck like glue from my sweating. "Grace," A small light allowed me to see Dro hovering over me.

"That was a dream?" I asked and he nodded.

"More like a nightmare," He sighed then plopped down next to me. "You were crying and pleading for him to stop,"

"I'm sorry," I didn't mean to interrupt his sleep.

"Why're you apologizing? It's not your fault," Dro pulled my body into his and rocked us.

"I woke you up," I softly said. He checked his phone and the time read 4:32 AM.

"It's fine, I was almost awake anyways," He looked down at me and played with my curls. He kept tugging on them to see them recoil.

"I've always wanted to see your curls go boing," He laughed which made me laugh. Morning breath isn't going to stop me from being under him but we do need to brush our teeth.

"Dro, we have to brush our teeth," I laughed as he made a face halfway through me saying that.

"Okay! Okay! Okay!" He held up his hands like a little kid. Rico is a quiet kid so he doesn't do those things but sometimes I wish he did, because he'd look so adorable doing it.

"I've been thinking," I said before I got up. "I have to get my own place. My sister wants to come up here and my son definitely has to come up with her,"

"Okay," He looked sad. "I'll get you a place,"

"No," I shook my head. "I've been saving up and I can put down a payment for a house,"

"A house where?" He asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders and looked at his abs. "Maybe Brooklyn or something. I don't know! I just don't want you buying it because I want to be independent and it's uncalled for," I looked him in his eyes and he twisted his lips.