SEVENTEEN

Sighing into my hands, I began wiping my sleepy eyes. In English, I still was working from a huge text book.

However surprisingly, Mason showed up to class today.

"Mason, don't you think it's totally unfair how we have to actually do work just because our parents didn't sign the permission slip?" I whispered, sliding my glasses up as they started to droop from my face.

Mason glanced at me before lifting his pen to finally start writing, "Not particularly what I had in mind for today."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "Like you care. You haven't been here for the past two lessons. Where've you been?"

"Out." Was his curt reply.

"Where exactly?" I pestered, trying desperately to get an answer from him. Mason was like a robot. Difficult to communicate with and also made of hard steel.

Gosh, his muscles though...

Mason sent a cold glare my way and mumbled quick words under his breath. It sounded a bit like 'Getting buckets for my dog'. Strange really.

"So wh-"

"Just stop, Leia!" Mason suddenly yelled out, causing the whole class to stop their conversations and dart their judging eyes to us. "Whatever you are going to say just drop it."

Closing my mouth quickly, I averted my eyes back to my work and tried covering my embarrassed face by my hair.

Way to embarrass yourself, Leia.

I even was embarrassed in front of my own conscience. Shutting my eyes shut for a second to calm my flaming cheeks, I waited patiently until the bell rang for my next lesson.

I didn't want to sit in that room with everyones' accusing eyes hovering over me. They all knew I had made the beast angry yet again.

*
*
*
*

Slurping up my delicious chocolate milk, I watched as Sara began to stand up and dance to a song. I didn't know what the song was, but it seemed that Sara enjoyed it very much.

Throughout Sara's dance, Ashley was laughing and nearly choking to death at the sight infront of her. Whilst that was happening, I just stared at her with a blank look on my face. No, I wasn't being a spoilsport. I was just trying to get the attention off me as she danced around.

The reason to that was because Sara had made a huge crowd of people look over at us.

Unfortunately, Mason was in that group of people. Why couldn't he had been in KAR or something for today like he usually would be? Why did it had to be now of all days?

"Kill me now," I mumbled, scrunching up my face before hiding it completely in my arms on top of the table.

After a while, I heard the scraping of a seat pulling back, which had me slowly lifting my head to see the intruder that had disturbed my rest.

"What do you want, Mason? To come snap at me again?" I snarkily said, narrowing my honey golden eyes at him.

Mason's eyes soon flickered to remorse and regret. He should had been feeling bad. I hated being embarrassed. Especially by some egotistical boy.

"I was mad," he answered with a slight pout forming on his plump, pink lips. "Having a bad day actually."

Scoffing, I shook my head at his response, "Everyone has bad days. No need to take it out on others though."

"Stop being so grumpy all of a sudden," Mason remarked with a little irritation in his voice.

Ashley, hearing our conversation, picked up her large science book and threw it at an oblivious Mason who was too busy staring at me to notice.