Chapter 22

"I love you Lydia." I whispered

She smiled I could just feel it. She's so peaceful it makes me happy. I don't ever wanna loose her. I don't know when but I must have fallen asleep and awoken to her voice.

"Baby..?" Lydia said

"I'm so sorry oh my goodness I'm so sorry I didn't mean to fall asleep sweetheart." I exclaimed in fear

"No it's not that, I was wondering if I could get a brownie yet? Like if they were cooled down by now."

"Yeah they should be ill get you one you stay here rest."

"You do know I'm fully capable to move and live my life." Lydia laughed

"I know I just...I know. I'll be right back."

I get up and go towards the kitchen as I walk into the kitchen I open the drawer and pull out a knife I approach the brownie pan and begin to cut the brownies into 12 squares. I take two out for her and one out for me I put them on paper plates and go back to the living room. She's so adorable just sitting on the couch smiling as I walk in the room.

"Your brownies my lady." I said

Her laugh was just so beautiful I missed it for the time she was in a coma. How could I imagine life without her.

"Thank you Alex for the brownies."

"You practically made them." I laughed

"Still thank you, how's Canada?"

"It's something alright!"

"Do you like it?"

"I guess it's alright, not too bad."

I only said that so she wouldn't worry.

"What about Justin...?"

"The usual Justin I mean the neighbors think we're crazy but in reality just fucked up."

"You're not fucked up Alex!"

"Lydia....you know how terrible it is why else would I look like this."

"I know he hurts you I just don't want to believe it. It hurts me seeing you hurt."

"I can't exactly get away from him."

"You could move in here."

"Stop right there you know I can't because look what happened to you! My fault he did that I'm not gonna let that happen again because of my stupidity! He doesn't even know I'm here."

"You didn't hit me! You didn't put me in that coma! It's not your fault!"

"I caused it to happen I'm the one that pissed him off to do that!"

Lydia just looked at me with tears in her eyes. I couldn't help but feel like a dick.

"I'm so sorry I didn't mean to upset you..." I quietly said and hugged her

"Don't be.."