~21~

Emma. 

not edited*

We run and run, I try keep track of where we are going. Left. Left. Right. Left. I eventually lost count too many twists and turns to keep track of. 

"Ryan, Stop!" I pull on my brothers arm and attempted to dig my heels into the dirt. He spins around quickly, a wild look in his eyes. 

"Emma, are you kidding me! We need to leave before she gets us!" He insists, yanking harshly on my arm once again. 

"How can you treat me how you did and now you're helping me?" I plead, looking in his eyes. He sighs and runs his hands through his hair. 

"I had to act like I was on their side.... I couldn't save you if I didn't," He trails off, walking to the right to kick a rock. I looked at him, confused. 

I walk around thinking, and then there is a huge bang and voices fill my head. 

EMMA?

Em! Whats Going on?

Little Dove?

I screech and clutch my head, falling to my knees, the voices all came at once and it physically hurt for all the connections to be open that quickly. 

Stop!! You're so loud!

I shout into the channels, instantly its silent before one soft voice comes through. 

Emma, is that you? 

This voice is unfamiliar to me, there is some sort of static to it, a fuzz or a pop every now and then. I think and wrack my brain trying to figure out who this person could possibly be. 

Little Dove?

I sigh, Spencer. 

Yeah its me Spenc

Oh thank God, where are you?

Im not sure, I will call Croydon. 

That isn't going to happen, Em

Why not?

Croy was taken too

I sever the link. Dragging my hands down my face I groan. 

"What is it?" Ry asks, walking back over to me. 

"They took Croydon," I say, picking up a rock and throwing it at a tree, the rock goes straight through the tree and I join my hands and squeeze, the dragon in me is coming out. I take a deep breath to try and calm myself. "We have to go back," 

I spin on my heel and begin to walk back the way we came, I heard Ryan run up next to me.

"Wait, no we can't go back, we will just get caught," He says, trying to stop me. 

"Then you can stay, but I'm going," I walk forward, assured of my next actions. 

"No Emma, I'm not letting my baby sister walk in and get herself killed after I just got her back," He sighs and falls into step with me. 

"Funny. Ive been doing fine on my own all these years, and where were you?" I snap, barely glancing at him. 

"I looked for you for years Emma! How can you say that to me, you're my baby sis, I love you," He whispers, grabbing my hand and holding it. I swallow harshly before looking up at him, he is a solid 2 inches taller than me so I quite literally have to look up at him. I roll my eyes.

"I love you too," I say and nudge him, he laughs and nudges me back. 

We spent the next 30 minutes walking and talking, catching up on what our lives have been like. I found out that Ryan has a girlfriend who he plans to marry soon and a beautiful daughter who is barely one year old. He says she has bright blonde hair and purple eyes. He told he that she is showing qualities of our mother, a griffin rider. He says his girlfriend is a shifter and shifts into an eagle. This led me to ask if there was anything special about him, which in turn caused him to show me his powers from our fae background. I told him about after father left me, how I found Duce and Derrick and everything that has happened since then. 

And now? Now we are standing outside a metal compound, staring at the looming gates. 

Theres some rustling in the bush behind us and we turn and look, when 6 people walk out. 

"Long time no see Emma," I grin. 

"Everyone set on the plan?" I say, a broad smile on my face. 

And then we run...

*****

I AM SO SORRY

THATS ALL I CAN SAY

I hope this was worth the wait... probably not...

-Tay xx