Chapter 50

IZZY'S POV:

I have been trapped in that place for four years...but now I'm free.

As I walk side by side with Xander and our son Xav, I become more and more lighter. I thought I was never going to get out of there. But I don't need to think like that anymore. I get to look forward into the future.

"So how is everyone?" I ask.

Xander had his arm around my shoulder when he said, "Well, you're an aunt."

I look at him with wide eyes, "who?"

He chuckles, "Zapora and Eddie have a daughter and they got another one on the way."

My heart filled with warmth for them, "I'm so happy for them. I'm glad Eddie isn't alone. He has someone to love."

"Yeah, it's good."

"What about Soul and Noah?"

He releases a big sigh, "Ummm, Soul is still the same, Noah is still the same."

I frowned, "Wouldn't he be married to Alpha Kendrick's daughter by now?"

Xander stopped walking and groaned. He ran his hands through his hair and groaned and growled.

I touch his chest, "What's wrong?"

He grabbed a hold of my shoulders, "Look, I thought you were dead okay?"

"Xander it's fine. Just tell me, I can take it."

"I am technically engaged."
Well shit. That hurt a little. I took a deep breath and acted like it didn't effect me at all, "Ummm, well, okay. When is the wedding?"

He frowned, "Like hell I am going to get married after I found you."

"Xander as much as it hurt, I was technically dead for four years. You would have made a life for yourself. I'm sure you loved this woman a lot for you to get married." I felt tears sting my eyes. My heart was hurting so much. But I know that if this is what he wants, then I'll just have to accept it."

Xander takes a step towards me, but I take a step back. "It's okay." I whisper.
I turn to Xav "Son, go play near the stream." He does what he is told.

I go away from Xander. I can't look at him let alone be around him and now that he's going to be with another woman.

I felt a tug at the waistband of my jeans. Xander pulled me back to him. He wrapped his arms around me, trapping me against him.
"First of all, you need to let me speak and explain." He says with a raised eyebrow. "Secondly, I DO NOT love her. I don't even know her. She is Alpha Kendrick's daughter. I was thinking because I was single again I should continue on with my duties. And that was a part of them. So I decided to excuse Noah of his commitment to this arranged marriage. But...I've found you. So I will just have to make Noah take it again which he would.
And thirdly...How could you think I would fall in love with someone else? My heart belongs to no one but you Izzy. My love for you runs too deep."

"S-so...there's no one else?"

He shakes his head, "There has never been anyone else Elizabeth. I haven't slept with anyone since the day you died. There is you...only you."

I laid my head on his chest and sighed in relief, "Thank the heavens. I thought I was gonna have to be like a mistress or something."

He laughs out loud, "Sweetheart...oh oh Sweetheart. I've missed you so much."
I laugh into his chest, "I've missed you too. And now we can spend forever together without any danger or looking over our shoulders. A life of peace."