Chapter 6

When we arrived at at the river it had already melted. "Styx" I muttered. "How are we going to cross" Susan asked. "Don't beavers make dams?" Lucy asked. "I'm not that fast dear" Mr. Beaver said with a chuckle. suddenly a feeling hit me and I prayed to Aslan hoping he would hear me. 'Please Aslan help me so I can help them.' The response was immediate. 'What are you prepared to pay for what you ask for?' A deep voice asked me. surprising myself my response came without hesitation 'Anything.' 'There will be no turning back after this.' He told me. 'They need my help. I don't have time to be selfish right now. I'll always help others . It's what I've been doing for years. And that's not going to change now' I told him. 'Well done daughter. But remember it's okay to be a little selfish sometimes.' suddenly I felt a weird heat spread down my spine and when I opened my eyes it was like my eyes had been opened for the first time. Everything was so bright. "Linnea what do you.... aaaaah!!" Peter who had been talking turned to me but when he saw me he yelled and drew his sword. "Woah Easy. what's wrong?" I asked him while trying to lift my hands but I couldn't and I looked down at my... PAWS?! "Holy smokes. What the heck?" I exclaimed. "The Daughter of Aslan has been born. She is changing into the Queen of Everything. The prophesy is coming true." Mrs. Beaver told us solemnly. "Do you think you can get us to the other side while jumping?" Lucy asked me. "I don't know I can try. But I won't be able to carry more than two. Peter you got a sword I'll carry the girls first and then I'll come back to you. Beavers do you want a ride or would you prefer to swim?" I asked them. "We'll swim but thank you dear" Mr. Beaver said. The girls got on my back and I jumped. It was amazing! It was like time slowed down and I actually had time to calculate my landing. By the time I was landing I was laughing with joy. The girls got of my back and I turned around to jump back over the river. When suddenly wolves came out of the woods and Peter was forced to fight for his life. I jumped back and snapped the neck of the nearest wolf. I hated killing it but right now he was the enemy and I had no time to have mercy, we had to move. "Climb on my back I'll hold them off" I told Peter and he obliged. I snapped a couple more necks and I finally had room to jump over the river. When I got to the other side Peter immediately slid off. "Lucy and Beavers please get on my back we have to run and we'll be faster that way." They did as I asked and with Peter and Susan on my heels I ran. We didn't stop running until Mr. Beaver told us it was save enough to stop. In this part of the woods the trees and flowers were in full bloom. "We must be close" Susan said. we walked on and we reached the end of the woods. We gasped in amazement. There were uncountable red and gold tents stationed around one really big one at the feet of a mountain. We walked towards the camp and when we entered all the  chatting and clanging of hammers and swords stopped. We walked on and stopped in front of the biggest tent. "We came to see Aslan" I said and everybody gasped and the centaur clearly guarding the tent bowed deeply to me as did everybody else. "You did well daughter" I heard a deep familiar voice say. I turned around and my eyes found Aslan immediately he was also in a deep bow. "Why are you bowing to me?" I asked him dumbfounded. "Daughter your rank is higher than mine whether you like it or not." "I... Please rise everybody" I said as I realized everybody was still bowing. "Welcome Peter son of Adam, welcome Susan and Lucy daughters of Eve and welcome Beavers, you have my thanks. But were is the second son of Adam?" Aslan asked. "He betrayed them Your Highness" Mr. Beaver said. "Then he has betrayed us all." The centaur said. "Peace Orius" Aslan said. Then he added to the six of us "Follow me please." we followed him inside the tent. Inside the tent a boy sat on a chair. "Hey you're a vampyre fledgling" I said surprised. "Hey you're a Lioness" He told me with an eyeroll. "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to be rude. My name is Linnea Montgomery although I would prefer my surname to be Redbird like my grandma" I told him. "My name is James McUallis but after I got marked I changed it to James Stark but I prefer to be called Stark. And if you hate your surname that much why don't you just change it you're the Queen of Everything now" He told me "Your Majesty" He added after second thought. "Please just call me Linnea or Lin or make up your own version. It's nice to meet you Stark. McUallis that doesn't sound American is it Irish or Scottish?" "Same to you. It's Scottish. Redbird doesn't sound very 'American' either. Are you a native?" He asked me air-quoting the American part. "Yes I am. I'm Cherokee. Not to be rude or something but aren't you supposed to be around other vampyres. Wont you reject the change like this?" "No Your Majesty he will not the magick of Narnia will keep him alive unless he dies in battle." Aslan said. I jumped I had totally forgotten Stark and I weren't alone. And seeing his reaction he had too. "Uhm Stark these are the Pevensies. Lucy, Susan and Peter and Mr. and Mrs. Beaver" I told him. "Hey guys nice to meet you" he greeted  them. They all muttered hello's. I rounded on Aslan. "Will I be a Lioness forever?" He chuckled "No daughter just concentrate on your human form and you will turn back." I did as he said and the feeling on my spine returned and I was back to my human form. Everybody looked at me in awe except for Aslan. "What? What's wrong?" I asked them. "Look down dear" Mrs. Beaver told me. And I did. What I saw took my breath away. I was dressed in a floor length dress the color my fur had been as a Lioness a gold like color the same color Aslan's is . My enhanced sight had (thankfully) stayed. "You look like an ancient queen" Stark told me. "Thanks I guess. Aslan tell me why is there no way back for me now? There was nothing in the prophesy that said there would be no way back" I asked him. "What prophesy did you hear?" He asked me. "This one."

The broken queen will have to fight
To find the power hidden inside
Help the Just escape his fate
That is where she will find her true mate

The title 'Queen of Everything' must be worn
And then The Daughter Of Aslan will be born
She will have to win the battle in her mind
To become the Queen she really is on the inside

Doubt will be her greatest enemy
But remember in times of need there will always be family
Without help she will be sure to fail
So help must be given should Light prevail

"The real prophesy goes differently it has been a little lost over the years. Here goes."

The broken queen will have to fight
To find the power hidden inside
The Daughter Of Aslan will be born
And the title 'Queen of Everything' must be worn

She will find her true mate
And help the Just escape his fate
She will have to win the battle in her mind
To become the Queen she really is on the inside

Without help she will be sure to fail
So help must be given should Light prevail
Doubt will be her greatest enemy
But remember in times of need there will always be family

A word of warning is not out of place
Before you start this incredibly hard race
Choose wisely and with your heart
Because once the first change is made there is no going back to the start