Chapter Forty Four

This is it

"Oooh, Angus is wearing a shirt this evening." Evelyn sang as she heard his footsteps pad on the wooden floor. "What is this special occasion?"

Angus was leaned up against the door frame, his arms folded over his chest and a grin on his face as he admired the women in front of him. She was wearing nothing special, just her black shorts and a running bra to try and escape some of the heat that carried through to the night. Her curls were running down her back, frizzing at the ends from the humidity yet the black mess looked mesmerising. But most importantly, the grin on her face made the tiny dimples in her cheeks pop and reached her eyes, unable to hide the true happiness she felt.

"Evy like?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, pretended to not be affected as she confirmed he looked dashing. Not only was it a shirt he was wearing tonight, it was a black short sleeved top with buttons going down the front. Buttons.

"I need you to do me a favour." Angus said. He disappeared for a second and reappeared with a small bag, making Evelyn frown as she looked at it. "I need you to out this on."

"Okay?" Evelyn opened the bag curiously, finding a plain and simple white dress in the bag. \

The halter top neckline fell into a t shirt dress style with a small bit of figure cut into it. It stopped mid-thigh, with pale green pattern circling around the bottom hem line. The green swirled around, almost like a wave, with stray waves coming off the main one. It was quite a casual dress, yet it was a dress notherless. In a jungle, where they were the only two there.

"You look beautiful," Angus commented as he watched Evelyn admire it in the mirror. He did well to find her size, granted Mrs Miller needed some credit for it. He felt pride in him as her cheeks flushed from the compliment, mumbling something incohort under her breath.

Angus just chuckled, holding out his hand. "Let's get out of here."

"So what's the occasion?" Evelyn questioned as they walked to the secret destination.

"I wanted to do something for you, something we'd do if we were still at your home."

"Wait a minute Angus," Evelyn said with a laugh. "Is this a date?" She turned around, steadying herself from the uphill climb they were doing. Angus' loose hair dropped in front of his face as he mumbled a response, a sudden shyness overtaking him.

"That's so sweet, Gus." Evelyn said softly, placing her hands on his shoulders. From standing on the taller part of the assent, Evelyn was at a height where it didn't require her standing on her tip ties to reach his mouth and she took full advantage of it. She gently placed a kiss on his lips, savouring the moment before pulling away.

"We're almost there," his husky voice spoke as he looked deep in her eyes. "Just to the cliff." He patted her bum to start her moving again. He didn't wasn't to miss it.

A few minutes later, the couple had reached the top of the cliff. The sun was due to set in about half an hour, so the sky was already starting to tint pink and red as they stared out over the sea of bright green canopy of leaves. The blanket had already been set up, a box sealed (and thankfully not attacked by monkeys) was in the corner as well as a few pillows and blanket.

"Gus, this is beautiful." Evelyn said as she reached for his hand. She pulled herself into the side of his body, his arm naturally sliding around her waist to hold her close.

"It's about to get better." Angus smiled. "I cooked."

"You? No way." Evelyn laughed as Gus led her to take a seat.