Choking on Memories

Chapter song: Latch- Disclosure feat. Sam Smith

Alex-

I sucked in a breath as I gazed at the man standing twenty feet from me. I hadn't seen him since we were both captured by the hunters. He and I had argued and then I had been dragged away and beaten with no reassurance that I would ever see him again and it crushed me. Small warm tears pooled in my eyes as I examined my mate. He looked powerful as he stood there. He wore a baggy black t-shirt and loose jeans all topped off with his nicely styled dark hair. He smelled of vanilla and pine, making my wolf melt inside me. We stood, surrounded by his pack somewhere inside the borders of his huge territory. Tyler and I stood silent for a few minutes as we just stared at each other in awe, almost as if we didn't believe our eyes. My locked gaze with Tyler was broken when I felt a hand gently brush my elbow and I turned my eyes to meet Liam.

"This is where we part ways." Liam announces in a quiet voice that only I can hear. His eyes look saddened but his expression soon goes blank as he puts up a wall.

"Liam." I hear Tyler grunted lowly, causing all heads to turn towards him. Tyler probably has a strong hate for Liam because he doesn't know anything about him but that he took Addison.

"Give me a minute, almighty alpha, then I will leave your pack." Liam assured in an annoyed tone. Liam then lead me a few more paces away from the crowd of curious werewolves. He then turned to me again and our eyes met. I grew worried from this gesture. Was he leaving for good? "I suppose this is goodbye." Liam rang blankly, he was trying not to show any emotion. Why must guys do this?

"You're leaving?" I asked, my voice cracking slightly.

"Oh don't worry, Little Wolf. I will come steal you back away from the alpha king once again." He said as he spared me a wink. Relief washed over me knowing that I would see him again. But why? He was the enemy. He was a vampire. I should be thrilled that I am back with my mate. "In the meantime, behave." He commanded sternly. "I don't want you getting yourself killed just because I'm not here to rescue you every time you feel like drowning in a freezing lake." He concluded. I wanted to roll my eyes at his reference but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I wasn't ready for him to leave me.

"Okay." was all that I could choke out. So many thoughts were burning through my skull and I was feeling two different emotions. Part of me was being strongly pulled to run to Tyler and finally jump into his embrace. But the other part, a small part, was wishing me to beg that Liam not leave.

"I will be back, Love. I'm only leaving my hybrid here because I know you will be safe while I deal with Kai." Liam confirmed. He then gave my hand a small squeeze and then he walked back to his car. He closed the shiny door and started the rumbling engine. Next, he drive off down the snowy road leaving me behind. A small part of me cracked in his absence. He was here and gone in a small second. Right before my sad hazel eyes. Maybe it was the fact that I felt like he didn't really care as much as I thought. I stood there for a few moments, watching the now empty road that Liam had just driven down. Fresh snow began to slowly descend from the sky, floating down gracefully to the ground, joining the rest of the flakes.

"Al?" I heard Tyler from behind me. Tears returned to my eyes from the familiar voice and I whipped around and launched myself into his strong arms. He hugged me tightly as a small tear escaped my eye. "I thought you were dead." I heard him croak. He was obviously just as happy to see me. "I felt you almost die, Al. You were so cold and then I felt your heart stop beating." He explained as we stayed in a tight, loving embrace. Tears freely fell from my eyes as I realized how worried he had been. He knew I was drowning and he felt me almost die. I pulled away, keeping Tyler still touching me, I looked into his eyes.