Chapter 45...

Semi-Edited!!

Thank you to @ vpnandh  for the AMAZING COVER! I love it and it fits this story so well! Thank you! Thank you! <3 <3

Song above is...Stay by Mayday Parade. I think it fits the chapter pretty well :)

HAPPY NEW YEARS YOU GUYS!! 

Ethan's Pov

I glanced at the house that I was currently parked in front of. I wasn't entirely sure why I was here or what I would say when I went up to the door but after talking with Carter yesterday I knew I had to make things right. I had to talk to Gage about all of this and set things straight.

It was clear that being away from Gage was killing Carter and if Gage loved her as much as I think he does, this isn't going well for him either. All of this is because of me. Because I decided to look into Gage Harper and found something completely different than I intended.

At first it was to see if he was a good guy. I heard enough around campus to know he isn't the nicest, most romantic guy out there. I wanted to make sure he wasn't lying to Carter and using her. I was hoping to find out that he was an underground fighter or something just so I can use that as leverage to get him to back off. Of course though I had to find out he is my half-brother and that my father cheated on my mother for a long time.

It didn't make sense at first. How could my father cheat on my mother? My mother is great...well was before they really got into the business and extended it over seas. She use to be a great mom but after my birthday one year she just stopped being a mom. She turned into a work mom and I had nannies or Luke's parents to take care of me.

Matching up Gage's age with mine I found out my father cheated on my mother before she got pregnant with me. I knew Gage was a little older than me. I didn't know when he stopped seeing Gage's mother or what exactly happened. I do know he use to go on a lot of business trips when I was very little. I remember because my mom would cry when he would leave. Then one day he stopped going and actually stayed home for a few months.

During that time my family changed. My parents were happy for a while then suddenly they just became obsessed with the business and left me behind. I hated my father for this. I hated him before for never being there but now for cheating on my mother and having a child with another woman! And Gage Harper of all people.

These last few months I have been around Gage enough to know he isn't a terrible guy. I just thought he wasn't the right guy for my Carter. But seeing how happy Carter is with him around I can't do anything about it anymore. She isn't mine. I can't take away her happiness because I am jealous.

Jealousy is a weird thing. Normally I'm not so jealous of girls, even girls I have dated. They could fool around with whoever they want and same goes for me. It was a mutual agreement of sorts. But when it came to Carter I found myself very jealous of Gage. I didn't like her spending time with him, or giving him that beautiful smile of hers. Whenever ti came to Carter I was always jealous.