Chapter 44...

Semi-edited!

Love this cover someone made for me! I forgot your username so please comment it!! <3 <3

Song on the side is...The First Time by Kelsea Ballerini. It is so good! And I think it kind of fits Ethan and Carter's relationship. 

Happy reading!! <3 

(Please read Authors note at them end!) 

"Don't tell me what?"

I froze hearing Gage's voice behind me. I was still wrapped in Ethan's arms. I stared up at him with wide eyes not knowing what to do. Gage wasn't suppose to be here right now. Untangling myself from Ethan's arms I turned around to face Gage.

He was standing there with a hard look but I could see confusion all over his face. I know his mind was racing with ideas on what was going on. Nothing was happening between Ethan and I but Gage doesn't know that. He just walks in to see me wrapped in his arms and saying not to tell him anything.

I opened and closed my mouth like a fish. I had absolutely no clue what to say. Do I tell him about being Ethan's half brother? Do I not say anything? If I don't will Gage hate me? I do not want to fight with him, especially about this. But I wasn't sure if it was my place to say anything. I just did not want to see Gage hurt.

"What is going on here?" Gage asked, his tone deep and dark. I watched him clench his jaw as his eyes narrowed at the two of us. I glanced up at Ethan who was just staring at Gage like he has never seen him before. I know for a fact he looking Gage over to really see if they have anything similar.

"I uh..." I stuttered out. I felt like I was at war with myself. Tell him or don't tell him. Either way he will get hurt. He will think something happened between Ethan and I. Or he will learn the truth about his father.

"I have to talk to you." Ethan finally said.

"Listen here Galloway. I know Carter has been in love you since forever but she is mine. You lost your chance to have her." Gage growled. If it was possible my eyes went even wider. Ethan was never suppose to know about my feelings towards him.

"What?" Beside me Ethan asked. I could feel his eyes on me but I didn't glance at him. I kept my gaze on Gage.

"Gage nothing happened. Trust me. Nothing." I found myself going towards him. He looked at me like he didn't believe me but I had to get him to. He could not think I would cheat on him. For now I will push aside the fact that Ethan now knows of my old crush and just focus on the only person that matters to me.

"Gage you have to believe me." I came to a stop in front of him. I kept a little distance between us because I wasn't sure if he wanted me to touch him just yet.

"What were you two doing then?" He looked between Ethan and I. I could tell he was still mad and confused.

"Uh..." I tried to think of a way to say it.

"I found something out about the two of us." Ethan said instead.

"What do you mean? There is nothing to look into about us. I hate you."

"Harper just fucking listen to me okay?" Ethan snapped. I chewed on my bottom lip as I moved to the side of Gage. He was going to need my support.

"What is it?" Gage was getting impatient.

"We are....we are half brothers." Ethan finally spit out. Instantly Gage laughed.

"Good one Galloway."

"I am serious Gage. I have looked into this and I know what I am talking about."

"He is telling the truth Gage." I said quietly. I grabbed his hand only for him to yank it out of my reach. I tried not to take it to heart right now but it hurt.