Chapter 6

Ch. 6

__________

{READ A/N AT THE END}

__________

*Austin's POV*

She was lying.

She had to be lying. There's no way, absolutely no way my parents have been lying to me my whole life. Sixteen years of life and they pretended to be my parents every single day. There's no way.

Austin, they aren't your real parents. they've been lying to you.

Her words replayed in my mind as I sat in disbelief on the ground in the middle of the forest. I couldn't move, couldn't look at her. I tried to sort out my thoughts, but everything was jumbled up. I was still in shock over what just happened and then Sophie just dropped that bombshell on me. Saying I was in shock was an understatement. My whole life, what I believed to be the truth had all come crumbling down around me. 

"Austin, talk to me." Sophie pleaded, regaining my attention. "Please."

Slowly, I looked over at her. "I don't believe you." There. I said it. 

She didn't expect that. "What? What do you mean you don't believe me?"

"I mean exactly what I said. I don't believe you," I emphasized each word.

"You think I made that whole thing up?" She asked. "You think I just kidnapped myself, sliced my arm open and got a bunch of thugs to chase after us after you rescued me? Yeah that sounds believable."

"It doesn't sound any more believable than you trying to tell me that my parents are kidnappers!" I shot back.

She backed off and took a deep breath. "Fine," she said. "But whether you believe me or not, we should probably get out of here."

I looked around. It was getting dark. "Yeah I guess."

Slowly, she stood up and looked around carefully. "Sophie seriously. Cut the act."

"Look, whether you believe me or not, I got kidnapped and those people are murderers, so don't tell me what to do," she snapped.

I kept my mouth shut. 

"Ok, let's go," She said as she crept her way out of the trees and I followed behind.

Not too far ahead I could see a break in the trees. We kept walking until we got to the road.

Sophie spoke up, "So did you walk here, or where are we?" 

"No, my car is parked around front, near the front door."

"You've got to be kidding me."

*Sophie's POV*

This is ridiculous. 

"Well we better start walking then."

I cannot believe he doesn't believe me. Why in the world would I make up something like that? Why would he even bother to come rescue me if he didn't believe me? Did he think this was a some big practical joke or something? He's making me so mad. I let out a frustrated sigh.