Part Two: Secrets Will Tell

Dear Readers,

It appears that quite a ruckus broke out the afternoon last at Madame Laurent's shop on Piccadilly. A veritable siege, dear reader, for our charming Lord T- and the elusive Lady G- were at it again!

This author has it on good authority that ladies G- and her mother, Lady M-, had been in attendance alongside Lady G-'s impeccable future mother-in-law, Lady E-. It was quite a contingency until Lord T- himself entered the shop, his twin sisters in tow. That would be the end of it if not a moment later, Lady G- exited, flushed and wary this author was told, with Lord T- trailing close behind.

This author can only imagine the conversation before disaster struck, and Lady G- was unceremoniously dropped into Lord T-'s carriage where it sped away as if the very devil were at its heels.

And perhaps it was, dear readers, for Lady E- was said to have rushed from the shop with reddened cheeks as if  at any second, she would spew fire from her very lips.

Not five minutes later, the esteemed Duke of B- strode by, and unfortunately for both the duke and his mother, not even their dukedom did away with the spurt of panic that such a situation had inspired. Stranded were they by the shouting and gawking personages littering London's streets.

At least Lord T- had the presence of mind, this author daresay,  to keep his conveyance away from the littering crowds for a quick departure.

Oh, what a life our newly returned Lady G- seems to inhabit.

But my dear readers, is anyone else's sense of doom tingling? For where Lady G- leads, trouble seems to surely follow...