/21/ Switched

/This is the final chapter. Thank you for reading and I hope y'all leave comments (and votes)/

It was now over a year later.

Danny, Nikko, and King had all graduated. Danny was at college for architect and engineering. Nikko still lived at the penthouse and attended college in town, just so I could remain at the same high school. Not only that, but also because he was helping me with his studies.

I graduated top 30% because of him. It resulted in an acceptance to USC. Adam somehow received the salutatorian (number 2) title. He was accepted into MIT. Ryan and Jack graduated on a minimum diploma. Ryan didn't choose the college route, he decided to be a stunt double. He was naturally good at it. Jack, was just...traveling. Connor graduated with us and got into USC as well, and he was currently on the same travel path as me.

Darren stayed out of school and I heard that he had gotten arrested. Although, I'm not surprised. If he tried hitting on me one more time than the last, I would've called the cops myself. The only reason I hadn't before, was because Landen was there to protect me. Oh, Landen. Right. Well, he graduated in the same class as Danny, Nikko, and King—only at a different school—and was in a college two hours away from USC, studying for psychology. He and I remained best friends and he had no hard feeling about accusing him of being gay in my rage about the arranged marriage, after all, he hid it from me and then he turned out to be bisexual, so no harm done in his eyes.

So now I was in a taxi with Connor in California. We arrived at my destination and when all my bags were lined up on the stone sidewalk and driveway, I was engulfed in a hug with muscular arms winding around my waist. I breathed in everything. His scent, his touch,...everything. After all, it'd been too many months since I'd seen him in person. He pulled away and then produced a single postal-stamped envelope.

"First fan mail," he smiled. I just hugged him immediately.

His plan worked out perfectly. With the help of Skype and plane tickets, I saw him sometimes during breaks, but now that I graduated and got accepted into USC, it was only us. Together. He was a professional MMA fighter and still attended college. I was presented in the Olympics and was a professional gymnast before my eighteenth birthday. But now I was the millionaire, switched at birth, gymnast student at USC that lived with her bada$$, MMA fighting, class valedictorian, ex-brother fiancé.

Yes, fiancé. Even though the marriage date and officiality wasn't set in stone.

Everyone was happy for us though. Just the fact that everyone predicted we'd be together and it actually happened. Even Krystal. I'll never forget it when she apologized to me, even though she knew I was pissed off at her for what she did and what King did in his time of choosing her over me. But she was in full support of me and him and admitted that what everything happened between them, had absolutely no emotion and through all the years that they were "together", she actually helped King understand his feelings about me. But she also admitted that it was her fault that he didn't confess them...along with the fact that he still considered us siblings and thought I was a lesbian. But other than that, she was thrilled about our progressing relationship. Everyone was. By everyone, I mean everyone that knew the truth, despite the dramatic rumors. Except for...Sam.

She graduated with King's class...with a set of twin boys in her stomach. She was due anytime this summer, but no one cared and no one pitied her. She didn't even know who the father was. King and Connor were just glad it wasn't them. And plus, she was planning on a closed adoption. Skylar, on the other hand, was a full-time gymnast and coach, although she never listened to me when I suggested for her to tighten her core when she was on beam. Her loss, though. She was still my best girl friend. Even though she wasn't a student that attended USC or any college for that matter, she'd be the closest thing to a sister I had and I was glad that she at least had a place in Los Angeles so I could visit her when needed—aside from gymnastics.

But as for now, it was just me and King. That's all I cared about. After greeting Connor, he put his arm around my shoulder and turned me toward the house.

"Home of King Madsen and AJ Morgan," he sighed.

"Soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Keaton-Izaih Nicholas Gutierrez-Madsen," Connor laughed, using King's full name. It was the first time he'd ever used it. I didn't even know he knew it.

"And that—" King said, taking Connor in a choke hold. "—is why I'm getting a name change."

"That's cute," Connor commented sarcastically as he was getting playfully choked out.

"Stop," I laughed, touching King's arm.

"You wanna piece of me?" he asked me.

"Bring it," I challenged before punching him in the gut without full strength. He only grabbed my waist and pulled me into him.

"Miss Alyssa-Jade Morgan, I'm appalled by your actions," he teased, using my full name.

"You're a jerk," I said, narrowing my eyes. He leaned down to kiss me, but then bent down and picked me up over his shoulder. With his free hand, he grabbed one of my suitcases and then sprinted inside his mansion, starting a new chapter in our lives.

And just to think.

What if I wasn't switched at birth?