Spin-Off Special #8

"It might take a year, months, weeks, days, but what's meant to be will always find it's way."

* * *

"Hurry up, slow poke!" Nick called out to Maya who was struggling with the notebooks and books in her arms. She would've put them in her bag while they were still on the plane, but because their next gate was on the other side of the airport, they had to rush.

Dodging equally rushing travelers, Maya sped walked as she tried to shove her books into her carry-on backpack while looking up every so often to avoid bumping into anyone. But when was that ever a good idea? She didn't see him until their shoulders collided, and her books dropped to the floor.

Ryder let out a curse, making Ashton question him on the other side of the line. "Hold on, Ash," he said into his phone, already on his knees as he tried helping the girl pick up her belongings.

She was saying sorry so fast, he couldn't help but chuckle. "It's all right," he told her, but she didn't seem to hear him as she looked to be in a hurry. He picked up a brown covered book, and turned it over to see the title. What he saw instead was a lock, keeping the covers together.

A diary or journal, he assumed, as he looked up to hand it back to the girl. But she was no longer there. He stood up and tried to search for the girl, but he couldn't see her over the heads of the ever moving flow of the airport crowd.

"Ryder!" He heard his dad call him, the same time Ashton asked through the phone, "You still there?"

"Yeah," he answered, before turning on his heel to catch up to his father. "I'm here."

"What was that all about?" Ashton questioned.

Looking back down to the item in his hands, he shook his head. "Nothing. Anyway, I'll call you when we get to our gate. It's kinda hard to talk walking through this mess."

His friend chuckled. "Okay, okay."

Ending the call, Ryder gave the book one last look, then swung his cary-on back pack to his front and slipped it in. He'll think about what to do with it later.

* * *

"No. Nonononono..." Maya mumbled under her breath as she rummaged through her bag.

Their plane had taken off about twenty minutes ago, so she deemed it safe to get her bag from under the seat in front of her and take out her journal to continue writing about their travel to Virginia.

"What's wrong?" Nick asked in mild interest.

"My journal...it's missing." As soon as the words left her mouth, her thoughts went back to the guy she bumped into earlier, making her groan. She didn't even get a look at his face. She felt like crying. A lot of time was put into writing in that journal, along with a lot of embarrassing moments of her life. But it wasn't like she knew him, and it wasn't like she was going to meet him again. No use crying over spilt milk.

* * *

"Is this all of it?" Maya asked, turning to her fiancé as he came through the front door of their new home, a box in his arms.

"Yep!" Ryder answered, kicking the door close.

Maya turned to the box she had just set down, and looked in. It wasn't taped, and from what she saw it was a non-sense box with papers and old books. "What are these?" She asked, just to confirm as she dug through it.

"I dunno," Ryder replied, standing next to her. He had put his box down next to hers on the coffee table. "Mom just sent this from my old room, since she didn't know what I want to keep and what I want to get rid off. Hey, I remeber this!" He suddenly exclaimed, pulling out a picture with a chuckle. "Ah, it's so bad."

Maya looked over his shoulder to the picture of a young Ryder most likely still going through puberty, holding up a pair of drum sticks with an awkward grin on his face. "So cute," she giggled, making him groan.

Her eyes strayed back to the box, and her eyes caught sight of something brown. She pulled aside some papers covering it, before pulling the book out. "What's this?" She asked, turning it over and her eyes widened in shock.

"Oh, I remember that, too!" Ryder declared with a smile. "See, when me and my dad went to L.A. for that one year I was expelled, I bumped into this girl at the-"

"Airport," Maya interrupted, her eyes never leaving the familiar brown covers.

Ryder's brows furrowed. "Yeah...have I told you this before?"

As if in a trance, she shook her head. "No," she answered softly. "It was the day my family and I were traveling to Virginia, and we were in a rush. I bumped into a guy at the airport," she looked up to her soon-to-be husband whose eyes were widening in realization. "I didn't know I hadn't picked my journal up until our plane had left the ground."

There was a pregnant pause between the two of them, as their minds slowly took in the newfound information. Everything suddenly felt surreal, until Ryder grinned.

"So it is a journal!" He suddenly said, making Maya blink in confusion.

"What?"

"I was wondering if it was a diary or journal." He answered with a shrug. "Didn't want to open it even though I could've since it would be an invasion of privacy. Even if I didn't know the person."

Maya let out a short huff of laughter. "Of course you wouldn't. Why'd you keep it?"

Ryder shook his head before his arms went around her waist, and he pulled her in towards him until they were chest-to-chest, her journal in her hands in between them. "I honestly don't know. But, aren't you glad I did though?"

A grin spread on his fianceé's lips. "Yeah."

* * *

Dedicated to jesusfreak365 because of a lot of things! A lot has happened between us, and I just want to say I love you, and appreciate everything you have done for me. Appreciate having you in my life. I love you, bro, and nothing will ever change that.

As for y'all amazing readers out there! I LOVE YOU, TOO!!! We have two more Spin-Off Specials left, and I look forward to everyone's thoughts on them. I hope y'all enjoyed this one. Leave your thoughts in the comment, and if you did enjoy, don't forget to vote!

I appreciate everyone's support, like, y'all don't even know. So with that, I'll see y'all in the next chapter!!

Love,
DG❤