21• Altars, aisles and 'I do's'.

~The word 'marriage' itself is a very pure word. A word signifying the eternal amalgamation of hearts and a promise to fall in love with each other a million more times in that period of togetherness. Respecting it and the bond is a must, not everyone are lucky enough to get married and experience the eternal joy of love. Respect one another too. Showing superiority and jelousy are the most petty things you can do to insult this pure bond.

Happy Reading💕

                                          〰

Savannah

There I sat in front of that mirror. My decorated reflection staring back at me. In utter mockery. He had won. Obviously he had. It was stupid of me to ever think that I had a fair chance against him. Little did I know that the hottest Donati never played that way. He played in control.

The chess board was him, the soldiers were mine hypnotised by him working for my fall and of course the rules were his. Made by him. And from whatever all of you have seen, he played safe. Fucking safe. He might be enjoying and merrily celebrating his victory where I am staring at myself inching closer to my fall. In minutes I will be at the altar repeating the vows and taking him as my husband.

'Husband', the very word sounds foreign from my mouth. That man, who was the first man I hated after so many years was the one I was to wed. I was obviously not going to have anything sexual with him. He had better choices of the women who warmed his bed and pleasured his manly needs. I was a lower class, poor girl with practically no identity. He would never sleep with me. And I was glad.

Vanessa. She was a good woman. At least good with me. I did not care what ever the fuck the rest thought. She had chosen this gown for me. It was a pretty one. Costly, to match the Donati stature.  It was beautiful making me look like a princess. But I knew better. Castles, palaces, gowns, Prince Charmings nothing could make this broken doll a princess. I was meant for haunted doll houses and I did not fit in this palace.

God and I had a very strained relationship. Where he played me well and forced me to bend in situations he wanted me to, but never returned the favour. He was again making me bend to his demands.

The hair dresser had pulled my hair up in a messy bun, making the soft fabric of the white net fall gorgeously along my bare back. She had set the net with a headband. My nails were painted with glitter. Silver in colour. And killer white heels were paired with my gown. My only other accessories were the necklace Adrian had given me on the day of our engagement and matching diamond studded earrings. My face held light make up, most of which was done to hide those dark circles of mine. A thick layer of liner lined my eyes and a baby pink coloured gloss painted my lips. I was ready to get married. I closed my eyes, and the picture of my parents flashed in my eyes.

Mommy.
Daddy.
Where ever you are, please help me with this. I know I was an ominous component in our family, but I loved you. Please be with me as you always have.

"Savannah. Come on, the guests have arrived and so has the pastor.", Vanessa said with Evangeline beside her.

I nodded and got up smoothening the skirt of my gown and putting my heels on as I walked out of my room.

Adrian

Dad had come to my room. It was a novelty because that man never came to my room. I was tying my tie. He turned me around and started tying it himself as he smiled at me. A genuine one.

"It is your big day son. We have not gotten along so well in the past and so I never really interfered in whom you fucked and whom you didn't. But this girl, Savannah. She is a good girl son. Try not to hurt her. And congratulations. My man is old enough now.", he said as I was engulfed in a hug which told it all. All he had to say and wanted to make me understand. But a knock made me pull back.