SIXTEEN

It's Monday and I can't believe what I'm about to say, but I'm excited for school. Main reason: Melanie. Sounds really cheesy but whatever, I couldn't get her out of my head after the kiss. I don't know if I was, or still am a bit pushy, because what if she doesn't like me? What if she just kissed me because she felt like she had to?

I push my thoughts aside and start getting dressed, I then walk downstairs saying a quick good morning to my mum, she seemed a bit taken back by my action simply because I haven't been speaking to her properly for the past two days because of the phone call she made with dad.

I headed out of the door as soon as I got a text from Michael telling me he's outside my house. I get into his car, greeting him with a wide grin and a cheerful hello.

"Dude, d'you get laid last night?" he looks at me weirdly and smiles, "What? No." I start laughing, "Can't a man be in a good mood?" I continue and he just shrugs it off with a smile still on his face, gluing his eyes onto the road.

After picking the boys up as well, we arrived into school like half an hour before our first period, which is cool for us because we usually kill time by going to the school canteen, listening to our joker (Johnny) or just throwing the ball about.

Since we've got like five minutes until the lesson starts we went into the locker corridor to grab some of the books we need. The boys take off to their lockers right at the start of the hallway and I'm left behind having to go right to the bottom of the hallway because that's where my locker is.

From the corner of my eye, I see this girl from behind. Nice body figure, long-brown-thick hair, black vest tucked into her light blue denim shorts and some black ankle vans. I skim her from her head to her feet. Is she new?

She then closes her locker and changes direction making me look into her face. Oh shit. That's Melanie. Wearing a black choker around her neck as well? Damn. I open my mouth from being surprised.

She walks past me, probably not seeing me, but I can't just leave it like that, I have to walk up to her. I immediately close my locker shut and turn around in her direction, running my hand through my hair quickly, "Melanie?" she abruptly turns around searching for the person who called her.

"Oh hi!" She walks closer to me, with a cute smile and her eyes beaming with joy.

I lose my words for a second and start blabbing, mumbling and stuttering all at the same time, "Uh you look good, wow" I scratch the back of my neck from shyness, Ugh come on dude, confidence. Confidence.

She shyly smiles and her cheeks start to blush into a very light pink colour making her look adorable, "Thank you" she giggles a bit and then politely thanks me, dropping her head to her chest as her hair falls into her face.

"New glasses, no headband huh?" I awkwardly say. oh god.

"Oh no, the headband's in my bag" she gives off a light laugh, "And yeah, I got some new glasses... So you won't be seeing me in them any more" she laughs again, "Going all modern now, no more old fashion glasses" she giggles to herself making me smile.

"They suit you, you look nice" I compliment her new "geeky/nerdy" glasses as people call them.

She adjusts her glasses in a joking way and scoffs, "So what's your next lesson?" she asks

"Oh um... Art, I believe?" I had to check my timetable there, she really does make me lose my mind sometimes, especially when she's dressed like that. "Yours?" I reply.

"I've got Geography and my teacher is a pain in the ass, so I better get going if I don't want to be late and get embarrassed in front of the whole class because of her out bursts"